Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just got this guy for $11 bucks off Ebay, 1/48 monogram b-25J.

monogramb25.gif

After seeing some of you guys work 1/32 scale kits I really felt like having a go at one too. From what I've read about it not (by far) the most accurate Spit in 1/32 scale, but since this is will be my first 1/32 build the rather friendly price and (modern tooling nonetheless) of the kit makes this one a rather decent starting point (compared to say the full blown Tamiya 1/32 Mk.IX that cost 100+ euro) Besides a sanding stick and some scratch-building prolly will go a long way as far as correcting some of the inaccuracies go. Maybe I'll give it a bit of a Dutch flavour as well by using the 322Sqn decal sheet from the Flevo Decals guys.

HBB83205.jpg

Yep... it's a nice kit. But if you want to make Zumbach's kite ( the top-box art ) or others with the Rotol spinner and correct prop blades you need to look around for these aftermaket pieces or spare ones from other kits. These don't come with the kit.

@ Wurger
Good tip!, The kit's boxart looks nice as far as markings go. Rather 'out there' for a Spit with the artwork on the side and such.

Oh well, plenty of time to consider all that and look for possible after market goodies. Since you mentioned it, do you know of any aftermarkte goodies already out there that work on this kit? It's been out for a fairly short time I believe, but I can't imagine various aftermarket folks looking into spicing up this particular kit.

Jelmer, the stuff from grey matter figures is well made (I have some Hurricane bits), and they provide a good service too. If you can't get a prop, I may have a spare spinner, although it will need altering from four blade to three.

Jelmer, the stuff from grey matter figures is well made (I have some Hurricane bits), and they provide a good service too. If you can't get a prop, I may have a spare spinner, although it will need altering from four blade to three.

I'll keep it in mind! The Grey matter stuff certainly looks nice! I fear I'm nowhere near starting the 1/32 Spit, so enough time to work out a decent plan of action

Now I have one!!!!!! It came in this morning. WOW what a kit, took a look inside at all the stuff. I think it's gonna make a great Merlin's Magic. Picture shows my 1/48th Magic on sitting on the box. Don't know how I'm gonna mange keeping my hands off it till I get some of my other stuff done, mainly the 48th!

Attachments

• imgp0372.JPG
    imgp0372.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 59
Beauty! Arrived at my doorstep yesterday:

1/48 Hasegawa Kittyhawk III
1/48 Hasegawa Arado 234B-2
1/48 Tamiya F4U-1D Corsair with Mototug
Hasegawa Scribing tools
Hasegawa Scribing Template

No pics as the wife is off on a trip with the camera!

I was visiting a friend in Lowestoft today to discuss putting a new engine in the Lotus and accidentally stopped by Hannants. 1st time I have been there, theres enough kits and accessories in that place to make you feel a bit peculiar !

I went in out of curiosity and I thought i might get one of the canopy masks for my P51B as I have a hate hate relationship with painting canopies . I achieved that and accidently picked up this too !

Ed Bf 110C 48.JPG

I have never built or even seen inside an Eduard kit before, and man what a kit. Loads of bits loads of detail PE and masks etc included. The decals look lush . I am not sure I am worthy and will save it for the winter i think.

Never go to Hannants without forgetting your wallet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back