Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That Ju-88 looks sweet! Gotta get me one of those in 1/72 (Zvezda has a reasonably priced and well tooled G kit I believe and Hasegawa has some 'C' versions I think.

Doing the scribble pattern will be a daunting task though

Is that Revell F4U-5 the old Hasegawa kit?

I believe it is, at least that's what I've been able to gather on it. I don't have an actual Hasegawa Corsair in my stash to compare them back to back, but looking at the glitches that are being mentioned for the Hasegawa kit I think this is the Hasegawa kit as it has the exact same glitches

:lol:and good on ya Jelmer - what a great experience to be able to talk to someone 'who was there' !

Absolutely! A humbling experience in a way. Felt a little sorry for him though, putting a 90-year old veteran outdoors on a windy and rainy AFB when a half empty shelter was a few yards away (mind you with the local IPMS chapter sitting in there displaying night fighter and bomber models, and a research group on bomber crashes in the Northern part of the Netherlands), but Harry seemed in good spirits alright and very willing to talk a bit about what he experienced. He told about how 'the show' started once they approached the Dutch coast and there was no letting up until again above the Northsea, and what a terrifying experience it was. I'm way to young to have experienced anything like it, I (thank God) don't even have the slightest understanding of what it is to live under anything remotely resembling wartime conditions (and pray to God it stays that way), much less actual combat situations.

It's almost heart breaking how young lads at the time (on both sides mind you) must have lived through four lifetimes worth of terrible wartime experiences in those 4-5 years. Makes you think a bit about how a lot of folks out there only care about complaining about tax raises or budget cuts these days (to name but something) and how furtunate most of us have been, when at their age at the time, all we had to care about was how to pay for this weekends night out ...so to speak

Last edited:
QUOTE (Jelmer)
"I'm way to yound to have experienced anything like it, I (thank God) don't even have the slightest understanding of what it is to live under anything remotely resembling wartime conditions, much less actual combat situations. It's almost heart breaking how young lads at the time (on both sides mind you) must have lived through four lifetimes worth of terrible wartime experiences in those 4-5 years."

I'm with you Jelmer. Most folks today don't even stop to think about what has happened in the past to make today possible. It is sad.

I managed to pick this one up cheap last week while I was house sitting.

Attachments

• IMG_4239 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_4239 resized 20.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 51
Dropped in to a shop today called Movie Magic and picked up these little beauties, not bad at all! ...and with the approval of She who must be obeyed...

Attachments

• Viper Mk.II_6850.jpg
    Viper Mk.II_6850.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Viper Mk.VII_6853.jpg
    Viper Mk.VII_6853.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 111
Managed to get my hand on a few little kits from a fellow modeller who's cleaning out his stash. The 1/72 Intruder is one of those planes, I'm not interested in it enough to pay the full Hasegawa prince, but for a few quid I want to give it a go for sure. I've seen one build up the other day and it sure looks like a sweet kit. The IL-2, well, it's SMER so we'll see about how that goes together, but if it works out should be pretty sweet to have in my display case.

has_a-6e.jpg

SMER865.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back