Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Went into town just now for a few last minute things related to tomorrows Modelling Event (EURO SCALE MODELLING 2011 in Nieuwegein,NL. I'll take my camera with me and if sufficient good quality pic come back I'll open a topic in the appropriate forum section) And dropped by the LHS too...found me one of Revells latest.

View attachment 181003

Looks like a pretty da*n fine kit. Interior looks very busy indeed. I don't know too much about the Ju-88, but I want to look into the possibility to turn it into a nightfighter. Not sure if this is possible and if so, what version of the zerstorer/nightfighter would be closest to the A-4 in outline (at first glance I'm thinking C-4/C-6 ish, but I could be wrong)

The sprue layout is such that I suspect Revell could be releasing different versions based of this kit as well in the future.

If you wish to build a Ju 88 night fighter then you should probably go with this Zvezda kit: Zvezda 1/72 Junkers Ju 88G-6

They also have Ju 88A-4 version: Zvezda 1/72 Ju-88A-4, previewed by Scott Van Aken

Both are very good and not too expensive.

Wasn't there's something to the tail section of the Zvezda G-6 (right shape but way to small), the thought of getting that sometime did cross my mind though. The the Zvezda A-4 also was in the picture, but for the same money you'll get this new Revell kit. I think I do want to go after the Hasegawa C-6 though (bit expensive, but for early-mid war Ju-88 night fighter about the only in town. The layout of the new Revell A-4 sprues is such though that I'm guessing they could do a C-6 with it only a few additional key parts that need to be reworked.

Been saving some cash for this event, so here's yesterdays 'damage' from ESM 2011 (Euro Scale Modelling 2011) (the biggest modelling event of Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg) This is going to be it for a little while as far as buying is concerned. Lost of fun hangin' out with the lads of Flevo Decals and talkin' to all fellow modellers of this Dutch forum I also visiti regularly. I'll be gathering up some pics for ya and try to put together photo impression of sorts up in the appropriate section of the forum.

Star of the show (for me at least) was one of Schnauffer's BF-110G (based on the Revell/Pro-Modeller kit) put together by I think someone from IPMS Silesia. In detail it was bordering insanity if you ask me. Just about everthing the BF-110G has to show in terms of internal and external detailing was in indeed shown in full glory. Amazing work. (thumbs up to your fellow modelling countrymen Wurger)

Just for fun, and a buddy of mine recommended this as being a little gem
hawkeye.jpg

A tamiya Mossie
mossie.jpg

Struck a bargain with this Malta Defender Spit Vc (towards the end of the event lots of things went on sale and took it home at a 50% discount)
spitmalta.jpg

Some additional stuff, airbrush seals revision set, new needle/nozzle, some aftermarket thinys
ASAspul.jpg

dingetjes03.jpg

dingetjes01.jpg

dingetjes02.jpg

Yep Karl, Jelmer's is 1/72, which Tamiya produced up until a couple or so years ago - hard to come by these days!
Only their NF XIII/XVII version is currently available in 1/72, as you said.

Terry - cheers mate! Visit to Hannants website in T minus 5, 4, 3, 2... :D

Last edited:
Great scores mate!

Btw, where'd you get your hands on the Tamiya FB VI Mozzie? I'm after one myself.

I'm under the impression my Mossie is from someone using the ESM event to clean out his stash, as he had it stacked up with a few other kits underneath the display table he was sitting by as we got to talk a bit about the wooden wonder (rather then the buying/selling hall). Pretty fond of that find too (I have a nice decal sheet sitting around for that, hope to do a SEAC machine out of it), although I never realized it is becoming rare these days. Seems like an excellent 'standard' mossie kit for Tamiya to keep in their product portfolio in addition to the other 1/72 scale mossie they do.

In terms of external detail I would say it's about the same as the Hasegawa offering, but cockpit details and such is way better then the Hasegawa one

Last edited:
Seems everyone is doing well in the new kits department.....my latest arrivals.

1/48 Arii/Otaki K5Y Willow trainer
1/144 Arii/Otaki H8K Emily

Attachments

• New Kit Emily_7361.jpg
    New Kit Emily_7361.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 68
  • New Kit_Willow_7360.jpg
    New Kit_Willow_7360.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back