Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Came in the mail today. My favorite biplane, the F4B-4. I've wanted this kit for some time and finally caught it at a decent price on eBay. I opened up the box to take a peek and it does look rather challenging.

Attachments

• P2156433.JPG
    P2156433.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 76
Like I said, It's my favorite biplane, and in 1/48 as far as I know its the only game in town. What scared me wile peeking in the box was the apparent lack of locating holes for the struts. I'll have to take it out of the plastic bags and have a closer look.

Little non-aviation kit arrived today. Nice for practicing weathering techniques and some scratchbuilding ideas I have and such, and it's a pretty well detailed model too, so should be fun to build :D

Attachments

• 51Ut2cP6icL.jpg
    51Ut2cP6icL.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 80
Only the second 1/32 scale in my stash (the other being the Hobbyboss Spit Vb) but since these kits are hailed as being very nice I wanted to try one as well. Maybe do the classic opponents (Spitty vs 109) kind of setup sometime.

Attachments

• 01_Box_art.jpg
    01_Box_art.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 63
Little non-aviation kit arrived today. Nice for practicing weathering techniques and some scratchbuilding ideas I have and such, and it's a pretty well detailed model too, so should be fun to build :D

That should make an interesting kit to do, as I think you can really go to town with weathering on older subs as they got such a battering by the elements in service. Like you say, a nice subject for practicing some weathering work. ICM are a good make too, should be a nice kit.
I've got a 1:350 'Type IX' to do, and will be trying a fair bit of weathering out.

Not a purchase, but a totally unexpected, surprise advance Birthday present from Glenn (T-Bolt) !
This will be built as a Special Duties (SOE) squadron aircraft in the not too distant future (I hope).
Thanks very much again Glenn, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• Can Jan 552.jpg
    Can Jan 552.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back