Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:headbang: Guess what I got coming?? Great Models has been absorbed by Sprue Brothers so everything is 40% off so I grabbed the 1/24 Airfix Mosquito for $130 figured that was not happening again anytime soon.I got home from work last night checking emails about 11pm and there is the notice!There was still two left snagged one and went back this afternoon sale is confirmed and the other one is gonza.I am still browsing the site looking for other must haves..........

Good stuff Kevin, that's roughly £70, not far off the price it was originally going to be released at. That's a good deal ! Now you just need another building to keep it in!!

Good stuff Kevin, that's roughly £70, not far off the price it was originally going to be released at. That's a good deal ! Now you just need another building to keep it in!!
You must remember ole' Boy I have a hangar all ready for the girl.It is to be delivered the 21st I went ahead and ordered two more kits the Revell Ar196 1/32($25) and the Trump Me-109 G2 in 1/32($35) thats it.I could not believe I could not track down a review on the Trump kit at the usual sources just taking a gamble I seem to hear they build up pretty well mostly accurate it seems from some builds at LSP.

Grabbed this one to do Ginger Lacey's Mk.XIV the instructions indicate the Brown and Green scheme rather than the common Grey and Green scheme

Attachments

• Spitfire MkXIV_0134a.jpg
    Spitfire MkXIV_0134a.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 87
Nice! Didn't know PCM had released a MkXIV. The Dark Earth/ Dark Green is correct Wayne, with Medium Sea Grey undersides.
The Ocean Grey areas were over-painted on arrival at the MU in India, but for years, books and profiles showed his aircraft in the original Green/Grey scheme. By late in the war in the Far East, many airframes remained in the original colour, with MUs not bothering to re-paint, which probably explained why it was thought Ginger's aircraft was still Green/Grey. I made a point of asking him, back in the 1980s, and he confirmed it was Green/Brown.
BTW, what's the kit like?

Nice! Didn't know PCM had released a MkXIV. The Dark Earth/ Dark Green is correct Wayne, with Medium Sea Grey undersides.
The Ocean Grey areas were over-painted on arrival at the MU in India, but for years, books and profiles showed his aircraft in the original Green/Grey scheme. By late in the war in the Far East, many airframes remained in the original colour, with MUs not bothering to re-paint, which probably explained why it was thought Ginger's aircraft was still Green/Grey. I made a point of asking him, back in the 1980s, and he confirmed it was Green/Brown.
BTW, what's the kit like?

Wow thanks Terry for that bit of info...

How are the Pacific Coast kits as far as quality Wayne?

Kit looks pretty good combination of plastic, resin and etch, much like the Fw190A-1 I built in the recent GB also from PCM. requires a little bit of extra effort being a limited run kit but looks good overall...

Wayne I have seen one maybe two builds of the PCM spitfire kits and it seemed the main issue was wingroot fit meaning in one build a good gap.I would venture it will be no real issue for you even the other builder got beyond it just added that extra time to the build.

Great stuff guys!

Not purchases, but some fantastic gifts from my friend who visited yesterday from Japan!

The Ki-61 and A6M2 are Tsubasa Collection 1:100 scale prepainted kits, made in China (even the canopy framing is perfectly done!)
It is a huge collection of kits (these are nos. 78 and 93), and they sell in 'mixed bags' of 10 kits, the buyer not knowing which kits are in the package. The shop where my mate gets them, however, opens the packages and sells the kits as single items.

Some great paintings in the 'War in Pacific Skies' book, and the 'Japanese bombers' book is just fantastic! A ton of photos of all Japanese bomber types! :D

STA52054.JPG

STA52056.JPG

STA52058.JPG

STA52059.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back