Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I bought the Xacto set and promptly broke the second saw blade .... Found out they don't flex very much or very well.

This is one of the reasons I would like to also try a really Fine (say 50 Teeth Per Inch) Japanese Pull Saw - far less change of snapping a blade when you're pulling towards you, than when the blade is in compression and it grabs and flexes.

That said, one of the reasons I bought another Zona (which arrived today) is that they seem to flex a reasonable amount - ie: I haven't broken one yet!

D

hi Team, two fab super tucano and decal fcm.
I do one two tone grey and another grey and green.
227138-11575-86-pristine.jpg

638913-16754-56-pristine.jpg

Well there is a RAF Tucano in what is generally still considered the "one true scale", that is, 1/72nd scale, still the biggest range and most popular, and there is a resin kit in my 'one true scale', 1/48th, but I haven't seen any others, planned, announced or released.

Y'all mean 1:32 right?!?!?

I think you're confusing 'The One True Scale!' with 'I Need a Bigger House Scale!'... 1/48 is challenging enough! Fitting everything in 1/32 - nup - never going to happen.

I will admit, I do have some stuff in 1/32 - mostly Luftwaffe stuff (like the INCREDIBLE ZM Ta 152H's, He 219, Revell He 219, PCM Ta 152's, Hasegawa Fw 190D's; and I'd like a Revell Bf 109G-10 and ZM Do 335).

And my Sci-Fi; that has to be in 1/72 and 1/100 because they're the only scales most of that stuff is made in (LOTS of Macross and Yukikaze)... And the occasional rarity, like Luft '46 stuff... But I also drop back to 1/72 for some of the more interesting stuff which you'll never do in 1/48, like E-7A and P-8A.

Then this is 'big stuff' scale - 1/144, for that stuff like C-17A, E-7A, P-8A, BBJ, KC-30A, B707...

But generally, 1/48 is the way to go! ;)

D

I think you're confusing 'The One True Scale!' with 'I Need a Bigger House Scale!'... 1/48 is challenging enough! Fitting everything in 1/32 - nup - never going to happen.

I will admit, I do have some stuff in 1/32 - mostly Luftwaffe stuff (like the INCREDIBLE ZM Ta 152H's, He 219, Revell He 219, PCM Ta 152's, Hasegawa Fw 190D's; and I'd like a Revell Bf 109G-10 and ZM Do 335).

And my Sci-Fi; that has to be in 1/72 and 1/100 because they're the only scales most of that stuff is made in (LOTS of Macross and Yukikaze)... And the occasional rarity, like Luft '46 stuff... But I also drop back to 1/72 for some of the more interesting stuff which you'll never do in 1/48, like E-7A and P-8A.

Then this is 'big stuff' scale - 1/144, for that stuff like C-17A, E-7A, P-8A, BBJ, KC-30A, B707...

But generally, 1/48 is the way to go! ;)

D
Heck I am having enough trouble figuring out where I am going to display the 1/48th stuff I have. I think some are going to be ceiling hangers. I do love the 1/32 stuff but it takes a lot of room!

Nonsense and rot! Holy scripture clearly states that when Saint Styrene desended from Mount Injection Molding and presented the sons of Adam with the first truely modern airplane model kit, it was in the "One True Scale" of 1/72. Of this there can be no debate. Nor of his disciples uttering "We will make it so, oh lord, witness our empty display cases, though full closets and storage bins. May our hoarding ever make it the best selling scale for airplanes!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back