Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Apart from the Garys and Darryls of this world, who follow the works of Brother Bigb*gger, who declareth that there shalt be but one true scale, and hopeth not it is those of measly, teeny totious proportion, but shall riseth forth in all it's true glory, to bear witness to the Godess Bigbabe, and that scale shalt be 1:1.

Ah! Yes the ultimate scale 1:1 kind of like this...
FullSize.jpg

The shipping is a tad on the expensive side... But the box is AWESOME!

Speaking of THE ONE TRUE SCALE, would anyone have any leads on a Collect-Aire F5D-1 Skylancer in 1/48 (basically an F4D-1 Skyray on steroids)? I'd be in the market for one....

D

Captain Over vectored Victor to send these to me, so I guess I picked the wrong day to give up glue sniffing .....
Conversion kit for another model for 46 Squadron Association, and a couple of the Aviaeology Mosquito stencils decal sheets.
Got to get a Meteor NF 12 or 14 now, but looks like there's only the Matchbox / Xtrakit 1/72nd scale example out there at the moment - would have preferred 1/48th scale.

Buys 451.jpg
Buys 452.jpg

Got to get a Meteor NF 12 or 14 now, but looks like there's only the Matchbox / Xtrakit 1/72nd scale example out there at the moment - would have preferred 1/48th scale.

How keen are you? There is the excellent Classic Airframes NF.11/NF.13 kit that wouldn't take much to convert to BF.12/NF.14 standard (Longer nose, modded fin) or, if scratchbuilding isn't exactly your thing, AlleyCat do a NF.12 conversion for the Classic Airframes kit.

Then there is also the old Aeroclub NF.14 kit in 1/48 - this was a Vac fuselage and wings, with a bunch of resin - if I found one at reasonable prices, I'd probably kit bash it with the Airfix kit, so save me engraving all the panels; then again, who knows? I am quite mad and may just go off on a big tangent and scribe away for a week! ;)

But yeah, in seriousness, the Classic Airframes kits are pretty good (so much so I still want ONE MORE - anyone?!?!? - to add to my RAAF Target Tug facination) - and even without the AlleyCat parts, an NF.12 or 14 shouldn't be beyond one's ability!

D

Scratch-building and / or cross-kitting isn't a problem, but apart from the fact that the CA kits seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo, and go for stupid money when they do appear, I don't really want to spend too much time (or money!) messing about with conversions, for a model that is going to sit in the middle of one of the dinner tables at the 100th Anniversary Reunion Dinner.
The Meteor will be one of four models I'll be donating to Gp. Capt. Barr and 46 Sqn Association, the others being my 1/32nd scale Beaufighter, already built in the Squadron's markings, the Mosquito NF.XII in the current Group Build, the Stirling Mk.V (a fairly quick conversion using the Magna conversion kit and an Airfix Stirling already on the blocks) and the Meteor.
At least, building the 1/72nd scale Matchbox / Xtrakit Meteor should be fairly straightforward and relatively quick - and doesn't cost two nights out at the pub !

You remember I said "No more kits" ?
Yeah, well ... er..... So I just happened to win another Tamiya 1/48th scale Mosquito FB.VI, and got it for a good price too. Didn't expect to win the auction, and put in a bid at £2 less than the price I can get one from a 'pre owned' kit dealer I use, who's price is around £8 to £10 less than current retail price. Won the auction, and shipping is less than the dealer too, so rather happy.
This one will be done as the 21 Sqn Mossie flown by my late friend, Bob Kirkpatrick, an American in the RCAF, in a RAF squadron - now there's a real 'cosmopolitan' subject !!

Good article about Bob over at Vintage Wings of Canada. Can post once you start.

My resin parts arrived today. I had ordered some decent exhausts to replace the ones supplied by Tamiya for my Beaufighter and, to make better use of the shipping cost, added a set of wheels for my P-38 which I need to finish some day. These will replace the crappy vinyl ones supplied with the kit.

IMG_0555.JPG

Good stuff Andy.
I have some articles about Bob, from Vintage Wings - one about his career, one about his trip to see the Mossie, and another covering the scattering of his ashes.
A really nice bloke, and sadly missed.

One of my new Reid Air books arrived today - The Modern SLUF guide - and the last of my Razor Saws too.

I can now cut this A-12 lower section down the middle, and remove 1.5mm of resin. No pressure; just $100 worth of ill-fitting resin and postage. Past experience with Anigrad has not been this bad! But we shall slowly keep chipping away.

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back