Recent Purchases (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The alternative may be going fishing. But it is not the cheapest hobby too. :lol:

20161218_084555.jpg

Just got this one yesterday...to..to ah...to lighten Santa's Sleigh!

Nice one Jim. looks like a cross between a HE.111, Caproni, and a twin -engine Fairey Battle !

I got it !
Won the rare as rocking horse sh*t Classic Airframes 1/48th scale Meteor NF.11/13 kit !!
Dead chuffed, as now I can do a 1/48th scale Meteor NF.12 for Gp. Cpt. Barr and 46 Squadron !
(I'll also give him the 1/72nd scale model, done as a NF.14, from the Xtrakit kit.).

Meteor kit.jpg

Thanks Jim.
Unfortunately, as this model will be travelling around quite a bit, and will be, like the others, a center-piece on one of the dinner tables at the 100th Anniversary 'bash', I can't risk building it with the side-hinged canopy open, to show the interior detail.
But otherwise, I'll try to make it as detailed as possible, within 'safe handling' reason.
So the line-up of models I'll be donating to the 46 Sqn Association now looks like this :-

!/32nd scale Beaufighter Mk,VI (Already built, for the first MTO GB).
!/48th scale Mosquito NF.XII (Under construction in the current GB).
!/72nd scale Stirling Mk.V (a conversion from the Airfix kit.).
!/72nd scale A.W. Meteor NF.14.
1/48th scale A.W. Meteor NF.12.

Thankfully, the event isn't until June 3rd, so I have almost five months to get the others done, in order to get them delivered before the event.

The alternative may be going fishing. But it is not the cheapest hobby too. :lol:
Yup that was my previous hobby... Boat, rods, lures, fly tying equipment, waders, tackle boxes, tools, motor, trailer, registration, insurance, trips, etc. Hun look I caught dinner! See all the money I saved over buying a few fish at the market! I am hunter hear me roar. Yeah, did not work for her either. But I did have fun! And the kids liked it until one brother caught the other brother in the ear lobe while casting, then it was no fun anymore. Ah well. :lol:

Great stuff Terry, would love pics of them in their end state as centerpieces! I am sure they will be very well received. Your idea of not to much effort always looks way better than my current best effort, but trying to catch up! Please keep showing your work as it is both inspiration and educational!!!!!

I found myself another Meteor NF.11 kit today - I shan't say for how much, because it was an epic bargain.

I also consoled my PC-9 woes by buying:
1/48 Hasegawa FA-18A w/ metal gear and a/m pit
1/48 Hasegawa F-14D VF-31 (limited ed)
1/48 Hasegawa F4U-5N w/ masks
1/32 ZM Ta152H-1 w/ the a/m figures

So today cost me more than expected - until one considers what that lot cost me....that eases the pain!

Dan

Thanks very much Robert, nice of you to say so, and glad to help, when I can.

That's some haul there Zaggy, and glad to hear you also bagged a Meteor NF.II.
Heck of a coincidence - when I was asked to do one, I thought there'd be little chance of getting one, in time, and at a realistic price.
Then suddenly, within a few days of being asked to do one, and just after I'd got the Xtrakit 1/72nd scale version, a CA kit pops up.
The seller said he'd have to let it go the length of the auction, but that he'd keep it for me, and to make an offer at the auction's conclusion.
But, 'just in case', I put in a last minute bid - and won !
I got it at a reasonable price, and at less than the original retail price, even with the shipping, and it cost less than I'd imagined - probably lucky with the last-minute bid - and less than I'd expected if I had had to make an offer. It was also a heck of a lot less than Gp.Cpt Barr had told me to go to. Even though I said I don't want paying for these models, he really wanted the Meteor, and said that, if it went too high for me, then the Squadron would pay, regardless.
So, I'm a happy bunny - I just hope that, with the Christmas mail 'madness', it doesn't go missing, or arrives badly damaged !

@Wayne - what's the Me163 book like? Those Franks titles have let me down to date, but you never know! I have a Me 163S-1 to build ;) After your decals of course, which are still in progress (long story)...

That's some haul there Zaggy, and glad to hear you also bagged a Meteor NF.II.
Heck of a coincidence .... But, 'just in case', I put in a last minute bid - and won !
I got it at a reasonable price, and at less than the original retail price, even with the shipping, and it cost less than I'd imagined!

So if I maybe so bold, what did you nab it for? As you got it for a good price, I now don't feel so bad 'fessing up and saying mine cost me Au$55 delivered (about £32 in your money now), which I thought was good - my other NF.11's have costed the same +/- Au$10.

I'm rather chuffed, in that now I can do A77-3 (the only RAAF NF.11) and the two more interesting TT.20 jets used, WD767 and WD647.

The ZM Ta 152H-1 will be well received too. a) I now have a definite 'builder' (as I only have ONE of each the H-1. H-0 and the cartoon boxing), and b) I can put my skills to the test again Mr. Wayne Little... See if mine can turn out half as nice as his! I would have preferred a H-0 'builder', to do 'White 7', but we'll look at the H-1 and H-0 side by side... I maybe able to massage the odd panel line and etc.

Merry Christmas Dan

Oh and in other awesome news, I am FINALLY on the last page of this DAMNED PAPER I have been writing! Its turned into a 90 page Opus, so I am really looking forward to seeing the back of it... TONIGHT!

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back