Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll probably only use the main instrument panels, and apart from one of the kits being Tamiya, the other two are Airfix, so there may be some mods to do here and there. They'll probably fir the old Monogram kit, with a bit of messing about.

Good stuff there Terry.....and my surprise in the mail today...:D
Luftwaffe Gallery No.5.jpg

Bought my Razor Saw - BNA also had a 10% of a/m sale on, so I went a bit silly there too: (all 1/48) 2x Wolfpack EA-18G cockpit and 2x FA-18F ECS (for my RAAF Hornets), 2x Aires Harrier GR.7 cockpit, 2x Eduard AGM-68G, Aires Harrier GR.7 nozzles, Wolfpack Harrier SNIPER pod and Harrier TERMA pod (for my Op Telic Harriers).

Also acquired a 1/48 DML Me 163S, which I am kinda chuffed about! There is a HB F-111G coming too and another ICM Mustang III.

Dan

I bought a new X-Acto handle, with 2 Blades - 234 and 235 - both are 10thou with 40 tpi;
I bought a new Zona Kerf in super fine - 10thou with 52 tpi;
And I bought a set of Mini Razor Saw blades, that fit an X-Acto type scalpel handle, all at 42 to 52 tpi.

I figure that'll sort me out!

I bought a new X-Acto handle, with 2 Blades - 234 and 235 - both are 10thou with 40 tpi;
I bought a new Zona Kerf in super fine - 10thou with 52 tpi;
And I bought a set of Mini Razor Saw blades, that fit an X-Acto type scalpel handle, all at 42 to 52 tpi.

I figure that'll sort me out!
Yup! Can't think of anything else saw wise you could have gotten! Dang, now I have saw envy!

Haha, yeah I have two Zona Kerf saws - which I can find neither of - and had been using mini jigsaw blades for smaller items. So I went with another "Super-Fine" Zona blade ... Then I saw the X-Acto set (Handle and Two blades) in what I would a call "Fine" pitch. Then while I was drinking .... errr .... spending money, I also went the mini-blade saw set (that was only $5-6).

Of course, then while I may still have been mildly under the influence, I check my email, see the 10% coupon code for BNA and think "right, I'll have some of that!!!".

I have been buying less kits of late - partially because there is a bunch of stuff in the mail (F-111G, some sci-fi, etc) - and partially because I've had papers to write and decals for Wayne to make... I want to finish them this weekend - then do some sci-fi... Both kits and decals.

Oh, did I mention I got myself an Harrier (doing a pair of OpTelic GR.7's and Tornado F.3), F-16XL, F-21A and an Me 309 in the last few weeks?

Dan

Robert - also, regarding Kerfs/Razor saws, I also try and get the 'at-least' 1" tall blades. I find the height just a) feels better, and b) keeps my knuckles off the bench; plus, you can usually find a 'compatible' Mitre box for them - the 3/4" or whatever, just dont work in most hobby Mitre boxes.

I am also a fan of as many Teeth Per Inch as possible - hence the 52 Teeth Per Inch preference. Cuts plastic better, less chance of chatter, forces you to work a little slower. I find with the 'super-fine' ones, you can mark out, lay some Dyno Tape down, and the blade will follow it for those light fist strokes...

Cutting something round, like a fuselage tho, ends up requiring a Mitre Box or other toys... Then something to let you sand the part square.

D

Robert - also, regarding Kerfs/Razor saws, I also try and get the 'at-least' 1" tall blades. I find the height just a) feels better, and b) keeps my knuckles off the bench; plus, you can usually find a 'compatible' Mitre box for them - the 3/4" or whatever, just dont work in most hobby Mitre boxes.

I am also a fan of as many Teeth Per Inch as possible - hence the 52 Teeth Per Inch preference. Cuts plastic better, less chance of chatter, forces you to work a little slower. I find with the 'super-fine' ones, you can mark out, lay some Dyno Tape down, and the blade will follow it for those light fist strokes...

Cutting something round, like a fuselage tho, ends up requiring a Mitre Box or other toys... Then something to let you sand the part square.

D
I bought the Xacto set and promptly broke the second saw blade so I am left with the single saw blade, but I honestly don't know the TPI I would have to look it up. However I have used it with an older wooden mitre box I got at a yard sale and it does work well! Oh and yes, drinking was involved in the demise of the second blade. Found out they don't flex very much or very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back