Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What the heck is that BBA-14? I get it is Russian but what was its purpose? Cargo? Whatever it is very cool never even heard of it before! Would love to see finished photos when you have built it!

Ohhh! On other news my F6F arrived! Shiny! My first Eduard Kit! I am so looking forward to building it but have disciplined myself to finish rescuing my B-17.

8224.jpg

Hi everybody,
I'm very close to move my house, so modelling isn't my priority these days, unfortunately.
In fact I've already packed everything.
The good thing is that in the new apartment I will have a larger desk for doing my models, so i purchased this kit:
2720-1.jpg

Not really a WW2 aircraft, but I was fascinated by the Phantom while I was reading the very nice book dedicated to Robin Olds.
Alberto

... but have disciplined myself to finish rescuing my B-17.

Discipline like that?!?! Nope, that's not the way we work around here! ;) Hahahahaa

Since last proper post, I think I have gotten:
- RV Resins Ta 152 and Ta 153 drawings book (been after that for a while - ended up paying less than $30 incl. post)
- 1/48 Czech Model Me 309 (not really sure why... hahahaha)
- 1/48 Red Roo The Away Team Pt 1 decals
- 1/48 P-51D/CA-18 decals (Ronin)
- 1/48 Eduard Fw 190D-9 Profi (also not really sure why... I have so many! hahaha)

Of less interest here:
- F-111B and F-107A books
- 1/48 HB FB-111A (RAAF F-111G, to free up the crappy Academy FB-111A to make an F-111B)
- 1/48 Hasegawa Op Telic GR.7 Harrier
- 1/48 Kinetic F-16XL (again, not sure why)
- 1.48 Hasegawa F-8J (Bought for a friend who was after one, but then didn't want one... gah!)

... and a Bunch of Platz, Hasegawa and Bandai Sci-fi (Star Wars, Macross and Yukikaze - will list if anyone here cares)

Dan

Discipline like that?!?! Nope, that's not the way we work around here! ;) Hahahahaa

Since last proper post, I think I have gotten:
- RV Resins Ta 152 and Ta 153 drawings book (been after that for a while - ended up paying less than $30 incl. post)
- 1/48 Czech Model Me 309 (not really sure why... hahahaha)
- 1/48 Red Roo The Away Team Pt 1 decals
- 1/48 P-51D/CA-18 decals (Ronin)
- 1/48 Eduard Fw 190D-9 Profi (also not really sure why... I have so many! hahaha)

Of less interest here:
- F-111B and F-107A books
- 1/48 HB FB-111A (RAAF F-111G, to free up the crappy Academy FB-111A to make an F-111B)
- 1/48 Hasegawa Op Telic GR.7 Harrier
- 1/48 Kinetic F-16XL (again, not sure why)
- 1.48 Hasegawa F-8J (Bought for a friend who was after one, but then didn't want one... gah!)

... and a Bunch of Platz, Hasegawa and Bandai Sci-fi (Star Wars, Macross and Yukikaze - will list if anyone here cares)

Dan
Well I had to maintain pretenses in all, truth to tell I may have opened the box a time or two!

Well I had to maintain pretenses in all, truth to tell I may have opened the box a time or two!

I say start it... I have tried to the discipline thing; all it did was drive me away from the work bench because I would begin to think "Man, I really should get that Fw 190D-15 that has been sitting IN the paint booth for MONTHS, finished... And the YF-23 correction, which has been an on/off project for over two years... And the FA-18F+, which has gotten as far as cutting the coaming off, and going to town on an aftermarket cockpit... Or the Ta 183, which sits ready for primer and paint...", all while longingly looking at that new A-12A Avenger project. Or the A-12 'Blackbird' conversion project. Or that Zoukei Mura Ta 152H. Or the Ta 152E-1 project, etc...

Happiness, that's what it is all about!

Dan

You all have given me the fever! Cracked open the Eduard F6F kit today and ordered my first Tamiya Kit, this one:
133952-10911-pristine.jpg

I wanted a war time version of the F4U and I read a lot of good reviews about this one. Could not find a reasonably priced version in the states, even with shipping from Japan it was cheaper there. One the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back