Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

and these have arrived for my GB build....:D
PB024316.JPG
PB024318.JPG

I can't find my Razor Saw to remove casting blocks from the resin project I was about to start... I guess one of my new purchases this week, will be a New Razor Saw.

D

Well I went up to Austin recently and walked out with several 1/48 scale kit for free.
Tamiya
Dewoitine D.520 (missing landing gear and decals and instructions)
Spitfire Mk.Vb "Trop" (full kit)
Messerschmitt BF109G-6 "Italian Air Force" (Missing decals)
FW 190 D-9 (Full kit)

Monogram
F-4 Phantom II (missing instruction (like I have 8 already))
B-26 Marauder missing instruction and decals)
Lockheed PV-1 (Complete kit)
Pro Modeler B-25J Mitchell (full Kit)
A-26B/C (missing Instructions and decals)

AMTech
P-40F/L (Missing Resin nose conversion)

HobbyCraft DHC-3 Otter

These were all left overs from a sidewalk sale they had on old consignments.

I also spent some money buying the

Hobby Boss Romanian IAR-80,
Pacific Coast Models Regia Aeronautica Macchi C.200
Eduard, Macchi C.202 Folgore
and
Kitty Hawk Super Etendard.

Well I went up to Austin recently and walked out with several 1/48 scale kit for free.
Tamiya
Dewoitine D.520 (missing landing gear and decals and instructions)
Spitfire Mk.Vb "Trop" (full kit)
Messerschmitt BF109G-6 "Italian Air Force" (Missing decals)
FW 190 D-9 (Full kit)

Monogram
F-4 Phantom II (missing instruction (like I have 8 already))
B-26 Marauder missing instruction and decals)
Lockheed PV-1 (Complete kit)
Pro Modeler B-25J Mitchell (full Kit)
A-26B/C (missing Instructions and decals)

AMTech
P-40F/L (Missing Resin nose conversion)

HobbyCraft DHC-3 Otter

These were all left overs from a sidewalk sale they had on old consignments.

I also spent some money buying the

Hobby Boss Romanian IAR-80,
Pacific Coast Models Regia Aeronautica Macchi C.200
Eduard, Macchi C.202 Folgore
and
Kitty Hawk Super Etendard.
Nice work Don.

I have the B-26 kit, pm me and email and i will scan them and send the instruction sheets to you

Last edited:
Much better is an understatement . I've done three. I like it. never did the Hasegawa but the AM is a really good kit.
I heard Accurate Miniatures was bought and re-emerged, this kit is an older one. I had also heard some of their kits were reboxed by Italiari and AirFix. Are they indeed alive and well again?

There's over fifty years between the AM kit, and the then 'advanced' Monogram kit, so one heck of a difference !
Don't think AM have started up again, but certainly some of their kits have been released under the Italeri label - don't know of any being released under the Airfix banner, they tend to release only their own kits, apart form a period abiut twenty years ago, when they re-boxed a small number of Otaki (?) kits.

There's over fifty years between the AM kit, and the then 'advanced' Monogram kit, so one heck of a difference !
Don't think AM have started up again, but certainly some of their kits have been released under the Italeri label - don't know of any being released under the Airfix banner, they tend to release only their own kits, apart form a period abiut twenty years ago, when they re-boxed a small number of Otaki (?) kits.
I did a little digging. Believe it or not the Accurate Miniatures company was in my area, first in Charlotte NC, where it went under. It was bought and re-emerged in 2013 moved to Concord NC. However the debt load proved too great and it again went under. As you mentioned Italeri apparently bought many of the molds and tooling originally sold by the second incarnation to raise revenue to attempt to retire the debt. Shame but it seems it has permanently gone belly up as a company.

Just arrived, for the next Mosquito builds - the current FB.VI in the GB, a B.IV, and the other to use the instrument panel for a PR.IX.

Buys 449.jpg
Buys 450.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back