Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

2 Big And Too Heavy - Short Snorter... A P-47 N-1-RE, Serial 44-88043, from the 333FS/318 FG, based Le Shima in '45.....
I've got the 1/48 PYN-UP decals for that crate made by Meteor Productions

Attachments

• PYN-upDecalsPYN48005.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 36
  • 2bigand2heavy.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 41
  • noseart_photo.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 40
Bought some Ferric Chloride, Caustic Soda, Photo Resist and OHP transparancy.

Having a go at producing photo etch.

Nice find Karl, and I like the decals Jan; is the note on the bottom refering to the aircraft or.....
Good luck with the PE BigZ - will you be able to control exposure and focus accurately enough for small parts do you think?

Will post picks as soon as poss the fuselage is in four bits i recon its about 28 inches in length god knows where the hell i am going to put the thing.BB love the t bolt very good buy

hey Jan those are with the two sets of decals that came with the kit !!! the other scheme is "expected goose", though the insructions indicate only the outer halfs of the horisontal tail painted plain yellow ?????

i'll try and post a pic from the instruction sheet

Nice find Karl, and I like the decals Jan; is the note on the bottom refering to the aircraft or.....
Good luck with the PE BigZ - will you be able to control exposure and focus accurately enough for small parts do you think?

I believe if you over expose its not a problem. I am using CAD drawings on OHP transparency so hopefully focus will be fine.

That looks nice Karl!
BigZ, let me know how you get on with the PE work. For my crimes, that used to be one of the areas I covered with my old civvy job with the Big Yellow Box, although on PCB work. In that area, the sharpness of the film image was the most critical - the actual resist coating and etch was fairly straightforward. Of course, the tolerances were much finer than those required for model PE parts, but even so, it's still fine-line work you'll be handling. I'm presuming you'll be using the OHP material as a contact film, so at least one of the possible variables has been removed. Given that the OHP material has good enough resolution, it should work, although I'd expect you'll need a bit of trial and error. Good luck, and let me know the results please.
Terry.

Went to home depot and got me some fine sandpaper for its grit, but I am confident in it. Also my new favorite protective toy, I already love this thing. Cant put a price on safety! [Alclad here I come!]

Attachments

• PICT0612.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 34
  • PICT0610.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 35
  • PICT0611.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 35
Nice!

The best Norton was the Triton, Triumph engine, Norton Frame = priceless 8)

Manx's are beautiful beasts, just the price of them these days makes me cry ...

I just bought the Alclad Primer and microfiller, clear parts glue and ability to make windows, and micro liquid mask because I am not using tamiya tape on my B17s tiny windows!

Nice!

The best Norton was the Triton, Triumph engine, Norton Frame = priceless 8)

Manx's are beautiful beasts, just the price of them these days makes me cry ...

I know..... Prices on my favorites are skyhigh! The '62-'63 BSA Rocket Gold Star (650), '62'-'63 Gold Star (500), late '50's early 60's Triumph Bonneville....the '48 Manx Norton and AJS 7R, well you see what I mean!

Users who are viewing this thread