Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The 500cc Manx Norton and AJS 7R are beautiful racers! Lucky him mate! A pal of mine at my old job back in Sweden had a Commando, I think that it was three people there having Nortons and this guy, I think, had two! Anyhoo, the sound of these bike when they took off......sweeeeeet!
The Japs etc. might be more reliable, but that's also ALL they've got! They've got nothing in style or history, why else would they make Bonneville, Indian and HD lookalikes?

Aaaah! The Tiger Cub! Had one of those, and an AJS 250, and an Excellsior. The last had an odd-sized engine (for the period), can't quite remember, but it was something like 135 or 127cc. I do remember coming off it on a number of occassions, mainly as I hadn't bolted the tank back in place at the front. Everytime I went around a tight turn on a dirt track, the tank would move! That meant my knees would move with it, balance shifted, bike shifted, and I shifted - into the sh*te!!!

Lost count the amount of bikes iv,e had started riding in 77 had to stop because of back problems god i miss them havn,t ridden now for two years but ihave had some real nice bikes and some real dogs the CZ was one of these dogs and the best i recone the best was the 650 dragstar even tho its a custom. i only had one brit that was the C15 BSA 250 nice sounding little bike.BB

Went to the LHS after work to get some paint, I tried, but I couldn't resist....

Bought some armour! :)

SL38203.jpg

Nice M. That's a tank I've always liked the look of. Strange how we can never go to the model shop JUST to buy paint, or a brush or whatever - always, but always, seem to leave with at least one kit as well!

Nice buy Andy, I've got that kit too and thanks to Evan it will be wearing some grey nurse markings :D

I've also got the Mk IX version, they both look pretty good Terry, from what I hear they need a little filling hear and there though.

Both come with merlin engines to show off which isn't bad for kit which is almost 15-20dollars cheaper than a Tamiya equivalent over here.

Got engines eh? Sounds good - given me an idea for another diorama now!
Don't mind doing filling etc, as long as the model LOOKS like a Spit Ix or VIII, that's the main thing. Many kits are too 'flat' on the top cowling of this Mark; it can be corrected by building-up with Milliput or similar, but it's a bit of a pain to get it blended-in to look right.
Thanks for the info, looks like I'll be trying one, and the Italeri MkIX.

Thats a nice spit mate hav,nt seen a kit of the mk8 before.BB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back