Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, she's a very nice kit Terry! Admittedly haven't built mine yet, but have noticed only a couple of small mistakes:
First is that she's a 'standardised' kit, ie basic airframe with extra components for the Mks. VI, VII, VIII, and IX. As such, the fueslage detail is correct for a fixed tail wheel Mk.IX, but the lower tail detail will need correction for a MK.VIII, as will the shape of the retractable tailwheel doors (scribed on the inside of the fueslage to be cut out for this version). Also sadly only a fixed tail wheel is supplied, the retractable type will have to be modified from it or scratch built. The seat is also quite wrong and will also need correction/ replacement.

On the plus side, LF (blunt), F (standard) and HF (extended) wingtips are supplied, as are seperate panels for the bulged and teardrop cannon bulges,
Mk.I-IX and Mk.VIII-XVIII type tailplanes, B and C wing cannon, seperate round and tall rudders,a very nice Merlin engine, seperate cowlings, 2 Browning MG's(!), wing and centreline bombs with racks, large centreline fuel tank, and two 3 in. rockets with rails (alá Mk.XVIII), not to mention a fairly comprehensive cockpit, and detailed engine and wing cannon bays!
Not bad, eh? I think even Hasegawa/ Tamiya fanatics would find this a great score, if just for the extras!

Yep, she's a very nice kit Terry! Admittedly haven't built mine yet, but have noticed only a couple of small mistakes:
First is that she's a 'standardised' kit, ie basic airframe with extra components for the Mks. VI, VII, VIII, and IX. As such, the fueslage detail is correct for a fixed tail wheel Mk.IX, but the lower tail detail will need correction for a MK.VIII, as will the shape of the retractable tailwheel doors (scribed on the inside of the fueslage to be cut out for this version). Also sadly only a fixed tail wheel is supplied, the retractable type will have to be modified from it or scratch built. The seat is also quite wrong and will also need correction/ replacement.

On the plus side, LF (blunt), F (standard) and HF (extended) wingtips are supplied, as are seperate panels for the bulged and teardrop cannon bulges,
Mk.I-IX and Mk.VIII-XVIII type tailplanes, B and C wing cannon, seperate round and tall rudders,a very nice Merlin engine, seperate cowlings, 2 Browning MG's(!), wing and centreline bombs with racks, large centreline fuel tank, and two 3 in. rockets with rails (alá Mk.XVIII), not to mention a fairly comprehensive cockpit, and detailed engine and wing cannon bays!
Not bad, eh? I think even Hasegawa/ Tamiya fanatics would find this a great score, if just for the extras!

Well then someone needs to show us some pics to see all this great value!:D

I'm with Wayne on that one!
Thanks Evan, great info! Not too bothered about a MkVIII, it'd be a IX I modelled. Good to know about the options though, and sounds fairly easy to correct for a MkVIII anyway.
Now, where's my bank robbers kit?!!

No worries Wayne, I'm used to it by now! Despite being a solderer in an electronics company, I have a strong distrust of machines that run on processors, and I think they sense it...

Give me a manual machine any day of the week..! :)

Here it comes boom! Basic stuff, and the kit is a 1/72 italeri (see how that goes)

Attachments

• ita0086.jpg
    ita0086.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 30
  • squ9065.jpg
    squ9065.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 29
  • squ10205.jpg
    squ10205.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 27
  • tes8828.jpg
    tes8828.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 32
  • tes50629c.jpg
    tes50629c.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 30
I think its a P, and i'll take pics of the schemes when it gets here for you guys. I ordered it last Friday and they shipped it Wednesday. Talk about slow!!

I just wanted another model to do a NMF on. :D

Just took a look at it , its an F-51 (difference between F and P got no idea), Nice decal options(USAF,RAF,RNZAF) ,2 canopy options, recessed lines

looks a good kit man ,you'll enjoy it

Interesting ,It says F-51 on the box but has P-51 on the instructions???(Could be my bad I may of put P-51 instructions in there:oops:)

and yup RNZAF is Royal New Zealand Air Force

I'd take some photos for ya but the computer took a trip up shiit creek the other day :(

Thats alright, just snap when the comps good to go. Kit should be a 'whoop n' holla' after doing all these 1/48 kits. 1/72 is good for gifts to people. :p

Look forward to the finish! Once all my supplies arrive the B17 should be back on its wheel. Im sure my cheerleaders are disappointed! But I will be able to glue in all the windows with my canopy glue then mask them for the spray booth.. All patience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back