Religious crazyness is not confined to the middle east

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think that's an interesting approach. It makes sense for an adult - but are you not going to expose your child to religion growing up, allowing them to make that decision when they are old enough? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

We'll raise our kids to be devout Catholics - if when they're older they make their own decision, then there's nothing I can do about it. But, while I'm raising them - they'll be raised as such.

No we will not. Me and my wife do not go to church. We choose to worship in our own way and not the way someone else tells us to. We do not believe that we have to worship in walls. We can do so the way we wish to and live our lives the way we wish to as long as we do not bring shame to ourselves and god. As long as we live a good life.

That is how we wish to raise our children.

You do not have to go to church to believe in god.

"God is in you and all around you and not within the walls within which you worship."

I am going to take my kid to church/sunday school and at least expose her to organized religion for a few years it'll kill me but gotta do it

everyone needs to recognize the difference between Faith and religion. I do not have a religion, but I have Faith in Jesus Christ. big difference. My Father was and always will be a Baptist minister. that does not make me a Baptist nor a Christian as many would like to think. I made a commitment at a very young age to accept Christ as Saviour and Lord which then made me a Christian if you will .....

religious schools are not needed, moral behavior begins at home and through adults teaching their own children. Sadly there are so many fruity adults out there that have created neighborhood "churchs" with the epitome of they being right. this is how cults are created, we found them a such in even the back woods and jungles/deserts of the 80's and 90's when we were on the hunt looking for target's

To each his own... I don't think you can really say anything other than that...

Actually, I disagree with you there, Erich, on religious schools not being needed. I believe religious schools or private schools, now more than ever are they needed. However, I do agree that they shouldn't be needed. But, the public school system is getting so fruity with its political correctness I don't really trust public schools as much anymore when it come to religion. Before, you say it takes away from real world experience, no it doesn't. Not until they get rid of the idea of political correctness and go back to the original public school system, than there is very little real world experience. The school if you look at it takes a fearful approach when it comes to religion. They don't want to get their feet wet because they fear the water will turn into blood, so to speak. It's almost to the point that organized religion is hated anymore. The kids take this action and think that no religion is actually right. This takes away from the American dream," freedom of religion," which is what our country is founded upon.

I'd prefer it if we didn't have religious or private schools. The kids need to experience the different cultures we have within this wonderful country or their country. The kids need to experience religion. It's not a question. They need to realize that people act, believe, and are different from them. This world is a fearful world because we don't do this.. They don't understand and because they don't understand it they fear it because it's different. It's human nature. They need to experience this so they can realize the idea of faith. It's faith not religion that drives us. I have faith that I have a family that loves me to wake up to. I have faith that have a job. It may not be the best job, but at least I have one. I have faith that there is a loving and almighty God above who will always be there for me in both good times and bad. I also belief that there are people who believe differently. I accept it and respect it. Why? Not because I'm American (although it does help), but because it's life.

I apologize if I'm preaching a little. But, I can't help it. I love this country and understand what it means to be American. Well, as much as a 20 year old can anyway. Oh by the way. I had a Goth friend once and I accepted our differences. We were actually pretty close. This was before I even thought of becoming a Youth Pastor. Still, a Christian and a Goth in the same room getting along? I still don't understand how we got along, but we did.

everyone needs to recognize the difference between Faith and religion. I do not have a religion, but I have Faith in Jesus Christ. big difference. My Father was and always will be a Baptist minister. that does not make me a Baptist nor a Christian as many would like to think. I made a commitment at a very young age to accept Christ as Saviour and Lord which then made me a Christian if you will .....

religious schools are not needed, moral behavior begins at home and through adults teaching their own children. Sadly there are so many fruity adults out there that have created neighborhood "churchs" with the epitome of they being right. this is how cults are created, we found them a such in even the back woods and jungles/deserts of the 80's and 90's when we were on the hunt looking for target's

I completely agree. Both me and my wife accept Jesus Christ, but you dont have to go to Church to have faith and worship him.

This was before I even thought of becoming a Youth Pastor. Still, a Christian and a Goth in the same room getting along? I still don't understand how we got along, but we did.

I dont see the problem. I have friends who are wycan, pagan, jewish, athiest, budhist, christian, and yes even muslim. Well all get along because in my opinion, ones faith is more important that the said "religion".

All of us have faith and who I am to tell the budhist that he is wrong? If he is a good person than we should be friends.

That is why I dont like religious schools. They preach that there said religion is the only correct form of faith on the planet and the others are non believers.

That is just plain hogwash!

Oh and by the way Goth is not a religion or faith. It is a lifestyle. You can be christian and be goth. Just because you dress in black and what not does not determine your faith.

I am the cripple today but have to get back in the trees but will make a brief comment concerning schools.............

I see the future wave as home schooling which my lovely daughter is doing her best at. When I was scoutmaster of our boy scout troop, the sharpest guys were the ones that were home schooled, and they did not seem to suffer at all from the conformity from their peers, if anything much more respectful.
Hey more power to those adults/parents that can do this, that is how we , they you, are going to stay away from the "fruitiness" and governmental restrictions on our lives for our children and in my case grand-children

back later ............ I hope

That is why I dont like religious schools. They preach that there said religion is the only correct form of faith on the planet and the others are non believers.

That is just plain hogwash!

It all depends on what you mean by "correct." I'm not really sure what you mean. We're devout Catholics. We believe heart and soul. If by that you mean "correct," then I suppose you're right. People do have the free will to believe whatever it is they choose to. Plain and simple. I judge people by their character. The rest is up to God.

It just is so fashionable these days to slam religion for a number of reasons, not least of all because of their "closed-mindedness" and that they "Spread hate," which in my opinion is just as ridiculous as what you may call religious fanaticism.

pb not necessarily at this point in time but I think it is of the future. Let's face the news, the school system is a degrading horde of suck with continual means of budget cuts right and left. so much for physical education besides the clamp down on the arts

pb not necessarily at this point in time but I think it is of the future. Let's face the news, the school system is a degrading horde of suck with continual means of budget cuts right and left. so much for physical education besides the clamp down on the arts

I guess we'll see. Home schooling, as of now, has an incredible stigma attached to it... which will be difficult to overcome before it becomes more prevalent.

It all depends on what you mean by "correct." I'm not really sure what you mean. We're devout Catholics. We believe heart and soul. If by that you mean "correct," then I suppose you're right. People do have the free will to believe whatever it is they choose to. Plain and simple. I judge people by their character. The rest is up to God.

It just is so fashionable these days to slam religion for a number of reasons, not least of all because of their "closed-mindedness" and that they "Spread hate," which in my opinion is just as ridiculous as what you may call religious fanaticism.

I agree...

I believe in jesus and god and that is what I think is correct however I will never tell someone who is Budhist that there belief is wrong. Who am I to do so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back