How NOT to use a Dart! (NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Poor Puddy Tat... That is one evil looking dart, don't see any useful purpose for something like that other than to do stupid things with it. Glad to hear the cat is doing well, hope whomever did this suffers greatly as consequence for thier act of cruelty!!!

The worst I have ever done to a cat is our neighbor's cat, Simon. He is a long haired cat that spends a lot of time outside. So occasionally, he gets so tangled, they give him the lion cut. So the worst thing I do is point and laugh. He looks at me like "Whatever dude". :evil4:

Authorities probe case of cat found in Gloucester County with dart stuck in eye - NJ.com

Tuesday, February 23, 2010
By Jessica Beym
[email protected]

Valentine only has one eye now.

The stray cat showed up on a woodpile at a home in Monroe Township on Jan. 30 with a blow dart in its left eye. The dart the kind that's only fired out of a gun of sorts came out the back of the cat's neck. Now, the New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is trying to find out who is responsible. They're offering a $500 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspects.

SPCA spokesman Matt Stanton said the cat has been seen wandering the neighborhood near Flanagan and Moore off Glassboro-Williamstown Road. When the homeowner saw the cat, she quickly reported it to the Gloucester County Animal Shelter who came to pick up the cat. It was immediately brought to the Delaware Valley Veterinary Hospital in Mullica Hill, which handles emergency veterinary care for the county shelter, said Bill Lombardi, the shelter director.

There, the cat underwent surgery to have the dart removed from her eye and she was kept there for about a week, said Lombardi. "The vet believes the dart was in her eye for a week," said Stanton. "Typically, if an animal comes to a vet with that condition, typically the procedure is to put it down." But the doctor chose to take on the surgery, he said. The dart was removed from Valentine's eye, and the eye itself was also taken out, Stanton said. A call to the veterinarian at Delaware Valley was not returned.

Joa's Arc, a non-profit group that works with animal shelters to foster animals that need serious medical attention, was contacted to take Valentine after her surgery, said Joyce Moyer, founder of the group. They named her Valentine since the February holiday was just a few days before they took her in. Moyer said Valentine was staying in her Gloucester City home until Friday when the cat had to return to the vet hospital for a second surgery. "Her eye was totally destroyed," Moyer said Monday. "The first surgery was just to get it out of her face then clean it out."

Friday's surgery involved stitching the left eye shut. Moyer said Valentine will likely stay at the hospital for a few more days then will return to her home. "She's in a lot of pain," Moyer said. "You have to watch when you approach her because she lost 50 percent of her vision. It takes time to adapt to humans because of what she went through." Moyer said they are looking to find someone to adopt Valentine once she has fully recovered. They're also collecting donations to help pay for the cat's care.

The investigation is still ongoing. Stanton said its likely that teenagers are responsible. "We have the blow dart and we're doing an investigation to track down where it came from," he said. "We're making progress. We're putting reward sheets in the neighborhood." Stanton said two investigators are also canvassing the area to find out if anyone witnessed the incident or may have more information.

Anyone with information about the incident is urged to call the SPCA at (800) 582-5979. To apply to adopt Valentine, call the Gloucester County Animal Shelter at (856) 881-2828.

NJSPCA - The New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

Attachments

• Reward%20for%20cat.jpg
    Reward%20for%20cat.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 109
Absolutely terrible that someone would do something like that! I would put a dart in his eye as well just for punishment.

As stated in other threads, I have no problem with hunting and so forth, but the needless harming of animals is just wrong.

If my aunt (Who is very fond of cats) had saw that pic, she would have thrown the ones who did this over a footbridge.

Seriously, the people who did this are probably a bunch of drunk morons in their mid 20s who decided:

"Hey, let's put a dart into this cat's eye."
"Sure thing brah!" :mad: :mad:

Good thing that Valentine's okay, though it's really bad she only has one eye. :(

holy crap that made me jump poor cat i want to smack the bugger who did that

Smacking doesn't even begin to cover what I have in mind, but I can tell you guys this much:
It involves certain...reproductive organs...in that particular individual! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I'm glad to hear that the cat's recovering, thanks for the update. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back