REVELL 1/28 SCALE SOPWITH CAMEL

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

deckape

Staff Sergeant
Jul 26, 2011
Moraine Ohio U.S.A.
Ahoy Gentlemen
Thank you all for your wonderful comments on my AD6 SKYRAIDER Now its time to start another one this to will be a fast build onlt 42 parts to the kit it practically builds itself. This is a old re boxed kit of the old Revell classic 1958 SOPWIOTH CAMEL. This is re boxed by Revell of Germany showing it in the squadron 10 of the Royal Navy Services the kit gives you two options either displayed in the picture on the box top or the No. 45 squadron Royal Flying Corps.I like the blue color schedule as the kit indicates on the box top. So I will model this in that option. I started the kit last evening done some work on the interior using washes and dry brush technique. Letting these units dry over night below is the results of the construction.

Boats
SAM_0589.JPG
SAM_0590.JPG

Thanks buddy for checking in I had these old kits for years most of stash are kits I had since boyhood I am 74 now Ouchhhhhh but modeling keeps me young and healthy. My Revell AD6 I had since 1959. My Revell Camel I bought 2 years ago.

Boats:thumbleft:

Ahoy Fellow modelers,

Okay another update she is ready for the final color schedule the model has been completed and primed ready for the final paint job. As the photos show she has been pre shaded and ready for the paint. This a very enjoyable build with only 43 parts to the kit it will again a fast build most of the time involved was cleaning and preparing the model for assembly.. now it the paint job time. again thanks everyone I am honored here is the update fellas.

Boats :thumbleft: :D

SAM_0631.JPG
SAM_0632.JPG
SAM_0633.JPG
SAM_0634.JPG
SAM_0635.JPG
SAM_0636.JPG
SAM_0637.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work there Boats. I remember spending hours rigging my model, using 'Invisible' thread, the first time I'd attempted rigging - and then only due to the large scale !
Back then (around 1965) the kit had the markings for Roy Brown's kite, with the mechanic figure, and a figure representing Brown.

Good work there Boats. I remember spending hours rigging my model, using 'Invisible' thread, the first time I'd attempted rigging - and then only due to the large scale !
Back then (around 1965) the kit had the markings for Roy Brown's kite, with the mechanic figure, and a figure representing Brown.
Ahoy Terry
Thank you buddy for checking in yep I remember also if my memory serves me right in 1965 the kit was in a big white box with the actual model as built from the kit. 1965 it was Re released since 1957 the rigging chord they gave you in the kit was that hideous looking decoration thread all in silver.it was all they had back in that era. Now in this kit they give you a roll of cotton thread I am not going to use I will use fuse wire instead. Thanks buddy for your reply I am honored.

Boats:thumbright::thumbleft::D

Rigging. One of my least favourite jobs, but not so hard....if I can do it you sure will . invisible thread is the best option IMO. Others may be stretched sprue, but the trick is to keep the wires thin. Don't make em thick.

Ill crawl back under my rock now.

Looks excellent so far.

Ahoy
Thanks fellas for all of your comments the build still going strong now its the down hill slide of getting her done. Thus far the decals and the final paint schedule has been added next will be the weathering and rigging also the painting of the pilot. A great kit for its age. Glad that the good folks at Revell still produces this kit of yester year.

Boats:thumbright::thumbleft::D
SAM_0664.JPG
SAM_0665.JPG
SAM_0666.JPG
SAM_0667.JPG
SAM_0668.JPG
SAM_0669.JPG
SAM_0670.JPG
SAM_0671.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back