Revell 1/32 Me-109g

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You are spot on as always

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 110
Can you do a close up of the canopy sprue for us? Something seems odd in the instructions.

It's fine. The set is for the early cockpit conopy. I think it shouldn't be used for Hartmann's kite. Unless you would make the one...

60260.jpg

121979.jpg

Last edited:
If not the above mentioned plane,Give me some pics of the colour I can paint it. And I have noticed that there is no Hu equivalent to RML 74 75 76 What about Revell

This is the standard camo of RLM74/75/76.

bf109g6.jpg

Humbrol enamels equivalents for these RLM colours .....

RLM74 - Humbrol 32 ( too dark )
RLM75 - Humbrol 140
RLM76 - Humbrol 174+23 ( mix with ratio 1:1)

Revell doesn't offer exact equivalents for thesee RLM colours. These Revell ones for Humbrol enamels can be approximated only.

You practicly have to just mix them yourself, the camo on the box art is a nice choice :)

And only one of those crash landed Emil pilots had followed "orders" to jettison his canopy,with which went the rear section,antenna and rear armour,before landing.

Parts of this,particularly armour plate, turn up in garden sheds in Southern England from time to time! They sometimes fell a long way from where the aircraft eventually landed.

Cheers

Steve

And just for interest's sake, the second 'Emil' shown in Wojtek's pics in post #8 is this one, now on display at Duxford.
Flown by Horst Perez of JG26 in the BoB. After touring the USA and Canada during WW2, it returned to the UK, covered in signatures, and was in store at Bournemouth for many years, before being partially restored and put on permanent display. The starboard wing retains the remains of the original paint. (the prop spinner went missing somewhere along the line. Note the use of orthochromatic film in the original photo gives a dark appearance to the yellow cowling. Colour photo taken August 2009).

Attachments

• Czech 098.jpg
    Czech 098.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 102
Good suggestion Andy. If I could obtain MM paints locally, I would have changed to them by now - so, if you can get them Prem, they should do the job for you.

Also interesting to note Terry is the front part of the canopy is not the original and was added at a later date.
Vaughan

You're right Vaughan, and it's fitted with rather flimsy Perspex too. I took a number of close-up shots of the windscreen and frame, to see which way it had been done. It's not quite the right shape, but hey, at least we have a real-life BoB survivor!

I am confused about the engine block paint. Some pictures show it to semi-gloss black,museum pics have them painted gloss black and some restored planes seem to have them primer grey. So what is it? BTW I have found a place in the UK that will ship me MM RLM paint $1.97 each. In Canada and the US they are selling for over $3.00 each. My question is do I run the gauntlet and get them all or are there ones that I really should get and lay off others for lack of use>

Engine colour was normally semi-gloss black. Check on the shipping from the UK - paints and similar normally have to be sent by surface mail, which can take around a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back