Revell 1/32 Me-109g

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

prem895

Staff Sergeant
Oct 7, 2012
Toronto/Beijing
While I await delivery of the new decals for the Spitty,I thought I would start this one. Same skill level. I think that I will paint it this way for the fact that the more complex ed paint schemes would require an air brush(which at this time I do not own) With my level of skill I think if I try to paint any other camo than this with a brush would just look shite. What I would like is some other pictures of this and the Humbrol colours I need to use. Engine,cockpit and so on. I want to make this one a notch higher than the mk1

Attachments

• bf109-1.jpg
    bf109-1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 273
All sounds good. But the Bf 109 in the profile posted above isn't the G variant but E-4 in my humble opinion. Here you are examples of the early G variants and later one ..... the differences can be noticed clearly.

Bf.109.G.01x.jpg

Bf.109.G.13.jpg

2_11.jpg

Bf109G-14AS_Green_14_JG300_1024.jpg

bf109g14_063-farbprofil..jpg

I agree. The profile shows an E3 or E4 of the mid period of the Battle of Britain, mid-August to October 1940. No variants of the 'G' carried such a colour scheme.

I am just the student here,but the only difference I can see is the more streamlined cowl,no rear stabilizers a shorter tail wheel and a different nose cone. What else?

To be honest - everything. A different engine, armament , armour, prop, larger wheels, cockpit conopy, rounded wing tips, underwing radiators with air intakes and exhausts, oil radiator, weight and other dimensions. And more details inside and outside including different tail wheel and its mounting.

OK then,I am a little frustrated about the g paint scheme,so I will continue to build it and paint it when I can afford a good air brush. Painting this kind of camo with a brush would make it kind of hard looking and not fluid. Looking for Trumpeter 1/32 109e

You can still do a decent paint job, including the mottling on the fuselage, with a brush. The mottles can be done with a stuff or cut brush using a stippling technique.

You can also do a non-mottled scheme, not many out there, but lots of G-2s and G-4s have non mottled camos :D

Bf-109G-2s from Romania ! :D

Bf-109G-2s from JG 52 in their earlier pre winter schemes.

Bf-109G-2 from Marseille, his camo was a simple sand and then light blue undersurface.

Bf-109G-2 from Russia, winter camo.

lots of options for Gs :D

I'm currently boggling either a Romanian "White 7" G-2 or converting that G-2 to a G-4 and doing Hartmann's white K2

The G-2 and G-4 have very similar items on them, I beleive theres a bulge in the wings, position of the radio antenna and 1 more thing I'm misplacing thats highly visible for converting the two variants. I think its the legs, ones is angled the others is less angled. wider and thiner tires too I think :S I think the tail wheel might differ since some G-2s upgraded to G-4's tail wheel later in their careers as such.

G-1 and G-3 models had the cabin pressurized so they need tanks for em.

Photobucket died on me, so no pics :(

I'm a Bf-109G addict :S

Last edited:
Not a lot of difference between G-2 and G-4's need to pick your subject, study it and determine early or late models and what changes or improvements you need to do to your model....
I love 109's too....damn...another secrets out...:lol:

I am going to paint this like the box,I really like the e colours though, but can someone help me with the colours. They seem a little vague. I wish Revell would have put the paint # beside them like they do with the newer releases. I am using Rev and Hu paint. Thanks guys,I hope I am not being a pain in the arse. What I have so far. "Take it slow,Not F1". I know the pilot is wrong,but scale is correct. Someone pinched the one it came with before I got it. I also broke of one of the pins on the flaps, but I will just glue it fixed

Attachments

• next 001.JPG
    next 001.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 109 g 003.JPG
    109 g 003.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 109 g 004.JPG
    109 g 004.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 288
  • 109 g 005.JPG
    109 g 005.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 253
  • 109 g 006.JPG
    109 g 006.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 1 003.JPG
    1 003.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 194
The kit is said to be Erich Hartmann's Bf 109G-6. The camo scheme of RLM 74/75/76 . Yellow wing tips on undersides only. But the cockpit conopy seems to be the Erla Haube type.

Bf.109.G.32.jpg

aircraft_Bf109-G_Hartmann_page.jpg

22.jpg

11.jpg

hartmann.jpg

hartmannII.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back