Revell 1/32 Mosquito IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That I s a nice job on that the Mossie and a very nice scheme(prop hubs make it come alive).Wish we had more on the engines but from what we see seems to be enough to make it look alive some.Cheers Kevin

Your Mossy turned out well 8) one thing i'm not too sure is the red exhaust stains down the wings, never seen that before !

Sorry to say this :pale: but after such a nice job altering all the flaps/nacelles etc etc its spoilt by untidy canopy painting, maybe you could have used the good old faithful Tamiya masking tape, maybe its still not too late and buy some and straighten the edges out :-k

I'll be watching your build of the Kittyhawk, lovely Warbird i bet that cost a bomb !

ian.

Yes that damn canopy - well I might find a new one one day and redo it.

The canopy has inset fuse wire on the inside to give is more structure as the mossie canopy is formed from the fuselage structure.

That is were I (screwed) it up the heating of the wire into the frame became a problem and then the masking tape lifted at the edges.:(

Anyway they are excuses and feedback is welcomed.

The red from the fuel caps is suppose to illustarte the red/purple dye in the 145/100 octane fuel from leaky fuel cap gaskets.:idea:

Yes that damn canopy - well I might find a new one one day and redo it.

The canopy has inset fuse wire on the inside to give is more structure as the mossie canopy is formed from the fuselage structure.

That is were I (screwed) it up the heating of the wire into the frame became a problem and then the masking tape lifted at the edges.:(

Anyway they are excuses and feedback is welcomed.

I wish i would have known you wanted another canopy :idea: there was a vac' formed set on ebay and went for £3 :cry: these are to replace the revell's poor canopies and would have looked mint as they are ultra clear.

ian.

Hi petadel, I have been reading your Mossie build and was wondering if you still have a copy of the plans that you could scan and send me by e.mail. The reason I ask is that I picked up this kit a couple of years ago from a car boot sale but it was missing the instructions and as most parts are off of the sprues I cannot say for sure if it is complete. The one thing that I can say for sure is that there are two canopies in the box but I don't know if there was supposed to be. Are you catching my drift? No problem to post a spare canopy to Oz if it is spare.

Hi petadel, I have been reading your Mossie build and was wondering if you still have a copy of the plans that you could scan and send me by e.mail. The reason I ask is that I picked up this kit a couple of years ago from a car boot sale but it was missing the instructions and as most parts are off of the sprues I cannot say for sure if it is complete. The one thing that I can say for sure is that there are two canopies in the box but I don't know if there was supposed to be. Are you catching my drift? No problem to post a spare canopy to Oz if it is spare.

You still after those instructions?

I think you must mean twin stage Merlins , not griffons ,great job so far keep up the great work.

Geoff Young

Users who are viewing this thread

Back