Revell B747-400 Ed Force One - Run To The Hills!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, after some time away from the model, I unpacked it and did some more on it yesterday, so a wee update. I have already done all this, but haven't yet caught up, so I'll post updates regularly, like I'm doing these things now...

Where were we? After examining the windscreen transparency, I found, like I had been warned elsewhere that it was too small for the orifice, so having glued it in I then found the solution to my issues...

DSC_2410%20s_zpsxgtrgbv9.jpg

There was a wee smudge of glue on the inside of the clear plastic, so that decided it for me; I'm going to paint over it.

DSC_2426%20s_zpstquwtx81.jpg

At that point I put some putty on the nose to try and rectify the unsightly lump in the nose...

DSC_2415%20s_zpsm87lwlba.jpg

Once sanded and smoothed out, voila...

DSC_2435%20s_zpsczjljmit.jpg

The next step is to continue with the canyons in different parts of the fuse joins.

DSC_2436%20s_zpsk7z2qr3u.jpg

DSC_2438%20s_zpsmbtofbg2.jpg

DSC_2427%20s_zps4dx0rteb.jpg

I've got to the point where I've run out of paint, now, so I'm going to have to do more later.

Yep Terry, lots. The fuselage halves don't go together well at all. I'm just happy that it is going together at all right now. Much work has been expended on it, so hopefully it'll be alright on the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back