Revell Ju-52/3m Civil version 1/48 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beautiful job Boats!! Watch out for those flaps or ailerons or whatever they're called on a Junkers. I made that kit a few years ago and they were difficult. A very delicate connection with not much area for the glue to hold onto. I bet I've glued them back on 10 times in the 4 years since I built it!

Oh boy.. a pink Ju Tante.... :lol: But looking very nice. :thumbright:

:wave:

ahoy Wojtek
she is fixing to go to a Beauty contest LOLlllllllllllllllllllllllll she is all red but the photos from this cheap camera makes her look pink but she is pretty thanks Sir for your reply.

Boats

Looking good Boats, but what book/paper are you assembling the engines on that has plane stats in German written on it? Revell's German instruction sheet?

Ahoy Matt
Yep its the Revell instruction sheet it is bylingual German and english like most of their kits the main instruction is in symbols.

boats

Beautiful job Boats!! Watch out for those flaps or ailerons or whatever they're called on a Junkers. I made that kit a few years ago and they were difficult. A very delicate connection with not much area for the glue to hold onto. I bet I've glued them back on 10 times in the 4 years since I built it!
Same here on the two I've done.
Great job on a good kit, I loved my first enough, (military version that I changed into a Lufthansa), that I had to get this kit when it came out. The red scheme is difficult but not impossible, and with your skill, I can't wait for the finish!

Last edited:
Looks great Boats, well up to your usual top quality of things! :thumbright:

ahoy Lucky13 and fellas
thanks for your wonderfull replies i will be back onthe build I ran out of materials such as paint I will resume back to the build tomorrow I certainly dont want to keep everyone ion limbo. As soon as my Lancaster gets in I will start a build thread. stay tuned be back.

Boats

So glad I popped into this thread, got me one of these stashed away somewhere and like you Boats, was part of the retirement package purchased years ago. So now I've got my bready eye on this one and like what I see.

Ahoy
Okay fellas back tyo work on the Ju52 I will have her done tomorrow this Monday I have a special treat this will be a dedication build starting this Wendsday I am, dedicateing this build to my good Friend Worjtek for getting me a 1/33 scale Lancaster bomber by Gomix flymodel. This is going to be a time consuming task to say the least I love the Lancaster and Terry ius going to supply me with some reference material so I( can do the Lanc Justice so stay tune fellas.

Boats

Ahoy
finishing up the Ju52 I will have her done by tomorrow just shot on a coat of metlic silver paint on the top of wings and the top of fuselage. Tomorrow I will fi8nish up the paint work and have the finished pictures by Wednsday and next will be the big Lancaster build. Terry throw everything you have for reference material on the Lancaster it is much appreciated sir for your help. Here is the update for the JU52.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 101
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 102
  • PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 108
  • PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 99
  • PICT0015.JPG
    PICT0015.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 98
I was looking at that as well and wondering how it was done. How about you spill the beans Boats.

BTW, brilliant build.

Ahoy Vic and Jayl

Thank you for your reply okay here is the straight dope before I stareted to mask the the plane I sprayed on 5 coats of gloss coat until it shines let dry to touch and mask the gloss will make the masking tape stick better then the matt surface if dont and go a head and mask the paint will creep under thge corragated surfaces. I should have this behemoth done today. Tomorrow thye big Lancaster build rubbing hands rubbing hands thanks guys.

Boats

Really beaut job Boats. Masking on that corrugated surface is like trying to find a good looking Hippocroccofrog!
I'll get the Lanc stuff sorted and sent by weekend - still need your e-mail address though, if you can send it by PM please.

Fantastic work !!! Especially on the paint. People say to me " wouldn't you get bored if you didn't have somewhere to go every morning ?" NOT a chance !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back