Revell Junkers 88 A1 1:32scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

when i got contacted by revell they were planning to do a Ju 88 A4 in 1:32..but after a couple of dinners and my firm idea about the A1 as there now was a complete A1 aviable and not 100% assembeled but all parts aviable for measurments and to make a correct model..it was a possebility to be a first with a Ju 88 A1 on the marked..not just another A4 that is already out there..and we need more early birds..not just the late ones..and think about all the BoB fans that need a Ju 88 A1 all over England..so i won and the decission was made..but it might be that they will make a A4,A5, C and G version also later in 1:32 as they have also done a of research on those..but A1 was a priority.. revell had one man in our museum working every day for one week.. that was a LOT of work taking every part and bit and get it correct with measurments and so on..including weapons..and a lot of testfittings.. when he was done ( he has done several models for revell he went home and he was supposed to be done by november last year..but due to the ammount of information he was not done until may this summer.. then it all had to be shipped out for making the first molds and so on..i was astonished by all the work it actually is to make one model..

here is a picture from when we tested the divebreaks just to get it right

and i agree,,if someone ( like me ) brings in halfdead timber in the house its for the fireplace and i burn it.. LOL not to put it on display..much better with a X-mas tree made of the boxes, as each box is given away one is one step closer to get rid of the "tree" and when its all spread out to its new owners the "tree" is gone and no more worries about that.. LOL

Attachments

• divebreaks mountings 007.jpg
    divebreaks mountings 007.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 172
pics from around the shop will be..will see what i have here..
might need to take some tomorow..hehe as i mostely take closeups on what we do and parts..not that much from the shop..but give me a few minutes to see what i have :)

I'd say that I might enjoy a few burst knuckles from a Ju-88 more enjoyable, than a severe hangover from too many drinks...:lol: As for x-mas tree, vhy not decorate the '88 for x-mas? You can't find a more cool "tree"! 8) :lol:

well..I`ll be darn.. looks like i dont have that many from the shop itself allthough i have a "few" from different parts..hehe

here is one from last spring when we had the gateguard in for polishing and repainting..and one from the guys taking spareparts from one of the spare engines

Attachments

• workshop.jpg
    workshop.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 173
  • luftwaffe 002.jpg
    luftwaffe 002.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 165
here is anotherone..and i also have the website regarding the restoration..if you go on exhebition on the menu or other you will find lots and lots of pictures from aircrafts and stuff also

but let me know what you guys want tos ee and i can take some pics next time around in the museum...and if i know myslef that will be tomorow..LOL
just cant keep my ass out of that shop..strange ??

and its a great idea about the Ju 88 as a X-Mas tree..to bad i lost a picture i took with the Ju 52 and me in the rear gunnerposition with santahat ( with luftwaffe eagle on ).. and aiming the Mg 15
i used it as a a X-Mas card..

the caption read..
merry X-mas and to those that has not been good this year santa has decided to drop a bomb down your chimney

i will go thru some old cd`s one day and see if i find it..need to be reused..or if not..new pics this year with santa in the bombingposition in the 88 looking down the bombsight searching for bad boys.. hehe

and yes..that si a AK-47 on the wall in the background..just a little decoration.. and ofcourse Junkersposters on the hangardoor and luftwaffe eagle..we are a Junkers workshop so that is just appropriate

Attachments

• aircrafts from gardermoen 024.jpg
    aircrafts from gardermoen 024.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 159
there is a small one..need to get one made bigger..hehe
but that was a good idea..i can paint a large one on the door :eek:))

that should be easy to mask out and paint :eek:))

its fun..but sometimes it gets on my nerves..( so many details..going slowely..bit by bit..so many people comming by.. i never get any work done in daytime as then its just people comming to talk and see..so all main restorationwork is done in the evenings or late at night..and sometimes it just grows to big.. thank god i can walk into the main museum and do some small things on the Ju 52..He 111 or some other aircrafts on display..
pretty soon one is back up running again and back with the Ju 88..hehe
and one has to focus on each part..dont look at the whole thing at once..
if one does that it all seems impossible .. its just like a 500 000 pieces jigzawpuzzle..sometimes one just put it aside to do something else.. as its to many bits here and there..but i dont take long before one is back getting another part into the puzzle..

oh yes..and when one has a chairwith blood from combat still tainting the leathercushion on the bordfunkerseat..bulletholes in the canopy ( that killed the radio operator )..finding the bullet embebed in the steelframe behind the cushion.. one really feels the history up close.. this plane had a safe landing on the ice..no damage..but the ice broke after a few hrs and down it went.. but without any crew.. but the Mg`s and everything was still present

this you cans ee pictures of on the website in the restorationsection..just choose cockpit
JU88.net

oh yes..and when one has a chairwith blood from combat still tainting the leathercushion on the bordfunkerseat..bulletholes in the canopy ( that killed the radio operator )..finding the bullet embebed in the steelframe behind the cushion.. one really feels the history up close.. this plane had a safe landing on the ice..no damage..but the ice broke after a few hrs and down it went.. but without any crew.. but the Mg`s and everything was still present

this you cans ee pictures of on the website in the restorationsection..just choose cockpit
JU88.net

THAT would stop and make you think if nothing else!

things like that makes one really stop and think..
i have taken part in three recoveriesfrom aircrafts sunk in water..and also two diggs..one was a Bf 110 that crashed in a swamp ( shoot down in 1940 during the invasion of Norway )..and if you know a littlebit about swamps..absolutely nothing rots down there..everything is preserved..and when then finding two boys torn to pieces..preserved like it happened yesterday..that stops and makes you think.. will not post pics of that here as that might make some people not to happy with me..but it really brings the war up close..same when lifting aircrafts out of the water and they looked like they sank yesterday ( see the balkencross and the barbarossastripe on this Ju 88 and you see what i mean )

i can perhaps post pics of diary found in the swamp..warplans for Norway..pilots watch ( still working ) money..ammo.. and things like that if interested but perhaps not on this thread, the museum had a long search with the german embassy and other forums to see if we could find any family in germany but none could be found

Attachments

• A5 salvage.jpg
    A5 salvage.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 157

Users who are viewing this thread

Back