Revell Junkers 88 A1 1:32scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

not ehard about anything in sweden..i know they brought down a completely wrecked He 111 from a mountain ( only midsection ) just a few months ago
but not heard about any salvage in sweden..but been a few in Norway..hehe
i think that is what you heard of.. the deep freshwaters in Norway and sweden ( just to bad sweden stayed clar of WW2 so not much to find there )
with low oxygen preserves the aircrafts very very well indeed. you have probaly heard the stories about planes that has been brought up and this and that is working and so on..many peole dont belive these things.,.but i have firsthand checked a battery from a Ju 88 after 64 years in water and it still had power in it.. oxygenbottles in both Ju 88 we have salvaged were full of oxygen and still working..knobs turning and things like that..pretty amazing..but thenagain..german quality :)

I think that it was something rather unusual, they brought it back to germany though. must have been after 2001, since I remember reading about in a aviation magazine over here in the UK....think that it was a bomber, could be a fighter as well....too much beer tend to cloud your memory! :lol:

well..one note before i go to bed..that is the Ju 88 you see the picture of up here with the barbarossastripe , salvaged in Kragerø Norway 2000..
we gave that to germany ( a swoop ) and also the germans got a He 111 we salvaged 4 years ago ( see my website under salvage and look at the He 111 section ) as we have a He 111 restored and they paid the whole salvage operation just to get that He 111. we keept the Ju 88 A1..
so that was not sweden..but NORWAY :) hehe

JU88.net

look at the recoverysection and you will see the He 111 that went to germany and our Ju 88..lots and lots to look at. its also a small note on the Ju 88 6146 A5 that we also gave back to germany !!!

if you search this website i am sure you willf ind a lot to look at and read about..nit just the He 111 and Ju 88 but also the Fw 190 project ( look under other projects )
P-51 overhauling..C-130 arrival to the museum and lot more

Jan and GF, November 2008 edition 'Aeroplane' magazine, got it today. Page 7, centre section of He111 airlifted from shore of Sitasaure lake, Sweden, in August. Going to workshops of Nord Osterdal Aircraft Society, Tolga, Northern Norway, for restoration. Nose section recovered some years ago, currently under restoration in Southern Sweden. When completed, to be reunited with rest of airframe. The He111 was part of attack on Narvik (5/KG26) on 14 May, 1940. Damaged, belly landed on frozen lake. Dragged ashore, stayed there 68 years! Pic of centre section.
Same magazine, page 8 article on glazing being fitted to JU88 at Gardermoen. Pic of JU88 and HeIII, you are mentioned Guttorm! Fame at last!!!
Terry.

hehe..that is not my first mention in those magazines..if you look in the ones from 2004 and 2000 regarding the salvage of the Ju 88 a5, Ju 88 A1 and He 111 you will see picture of me standing on the He 111 when its brought ashore

and they state that the He 111 is in Bodø..ITS IN GARDERMOEN down here..( and i did the paintjob on that He 111 ) its not up north..when will those reporters learn to get things right..hehe :) Flugzeug Classic ( german magazine ) always get it right..i do sell a lot of pics and stories to them..always correct printed
aeroplane monthly never gets it right..even after 10 emails..LOL

i was invited to help with the lift of that He 111 part but had to say no due to work.. here is two pictures of the salvaged cockpit under restoration

now i rest my head on the pillow and go where angels sings and motors roar..into the great blu yonder for a few hrs.. :)

Attachments

• 10306.JPG
    10306.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 10174.JPG
    10174.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 177
a diorama of the He111 as it looked in 1940 after the crash by the lakeside..
it will be restored as a chrashed He111 ( diorama in scale 1:1 ) as they miss most parts and rear fuselage..so it will be a nice display in that small museum

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Guttorm

Attachments

• 10208.JPG
    10208.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 192
Great stuff GF, sweet dreams mate!
Jan, it doesn't say which mark of Heinkel, but, judging by the date it went down, it's going to be something like a H-3(? think that's right?), I'd guess the same type used during the BoB.
Anyway, just going to post an update on my Gustav build, then off to the land of Nodd! That's if the b****y pain doesn't keep me awake again!
Cheers, T.

Man!!! you don't get on for a day and a thread like this starts!:D
Damn interesting stuff....dunno whether I will get to a 1/32 Ju88....got enough 1/48 versions to build!

Some great pic too!!!

I don't have any built as of yet, but these are the ones that I have in my stash....

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

Now I'm just looking for the Dragon/DML's 1/48 Ju 88C-6 Zerstorer!

the DragonKit C6 is a good one.. i have some models.. need to take a few pics
I did build the Nightfigher but gave it away.. the C6 i have yet to bulid..have it in my pile awating winter..hehe

here is a model i made before the salvage of the Ju 88 A1..i KNOW that it is the wrong model ( this is a A4 ) but i just took one we had as A1 was not aviable..and this was just to be used as s showoff during the salvage and before so the ROV operator knew where he was when working on the plane itself and how the Ju 88 was laying on the bottom

Attachments

• diverse 030.jpg
    diverse 030.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 164
  • diverse 028.jpg
    diverse 028.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 158
pictures from the workshop was asked for and here is a few.. please post pictures of Junkers 88 models here if you got any boys :)
as you can see its parts all over the place but we do keep track on where every bolt and screw goes. :)

Attachments

• diverse 016.jpg
    diverse 016.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 223
  • diverse 022.jpg
    diverse 022.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 161
  • diverse 024.jpg
    diverse 024.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 177
  • diverse 026.jpg
    diverse 026.jpg