Revell Junkers 88 A1 1:32scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff, GF! What's the story behind the AK?
I've got an unfinished JU88-A5 I converted from the Hobbycraft JU88-A4 1/48th scale kit a few years ago (about 12!), I'll give it a dusting and post some pics later tonight.
Thanks for all the pics so far.
Terry.

a battle of britain model i made a few years ago..again it has the wrong cowlings and the wrong rudder ( different on A1/A5 and A4 ) but i made it to look how the A5 we salvaged looked during BoB,, as i kinda love that scheme on the KG 54 junkers..some might say i have used the wrong balkencross on the uppersurface of the wings..but in fact this is what we saw on the Ju 88 when salvaged ( underneath the correct cross painted on for the barbarossa campaign.. this A5 had quite a lot of different layers of paint and they all revelaed quite strange and nice items from how a Ju 88 looked and changed during the first pases of the war. the pictures on the wall behind the Ju 88 is from the actuall salvage

Attachments

• models 001.jpg
    models 001.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 172
The Ak 47 was one of many taken by some UN soldiers and brought home to Norway from Afganisthan..just a nice little thing we put on the wall in the workshop

Well, Jan, why not scratch the itch with the new Revell kit when it appears?
Mind you, you'd get rid of the itch, but end up with a hernia from lifting the box!!

....not only that! I'd have to rent a garage to house the monster in! Btw, I found the 1/48 Dragon C-6 Zerstorer at Hannant's... 8)

Also, does anyone sell the KG heralds decals separately in 1/48?

Attachments

• DN5536.jpg
    DN5536.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 157
a picture of a bellylanded Ju 88 A1 from KG 54.. battle of Britain veteran.. this cockpit is now on display at the Shoreham aircraftcollection outside London..arrived just two months ago for display
details like the writing on the antenna will also be included in the revells new kit ( this writing was not known before as it hard to see on black and white pictures and just a little detail lost in time)

Attachments

• traudl 012.jpg
    traudl 012.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 152
this is also a detail that will be present in the 1:32 kit
these divelines was stopped used after the A5 production..after that they only used the long red diveline ( 40 degrees ) that went across the whole canopy

Attachments

• diveangels (1).jpg
    diveangels (1).jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 177
red is 40
black is 50
white 60
and brown 70

i have never seen a blue one ??? on the one salvaged it was these colours and that also match the original documents regarding these divelines

i have read some original documents about divebombing in 70 and even 80 degrees with that 88..
the skin on the wings looked like the Ju 52 when it landed so divebombing in more than 60 was forbidden..but that proves how well and though that plane was designed
over 70 and the rear canopy had a tendency to just disapear into thin air ( magic i guess..LOL ) but that must have been a scary and awsome feeling at once

i can see some minor faults in the cockpit ( he has painted a few items the wrong colour, and he has glued the littletrimtap ( in see thru plexi next to the trimtab box insted of ontop of the box..but that is not the modell that has the faults..and its really good !! and as he says..its over 125 parts in the cockpit alone. and its looking really really good !!! great model and a great build !!

and i am going to give you guys another candy from the 1:32 kit..this was the first test of decalset..it has been changed a bit since and i had some new to add but atleast you can see the details of what is comming up.. enjoy..this is a first on the net

Attachments

• L05_04728-0240_Ju88 A-1.jpg
    L05_04728-0240_Ju88 A-1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 160
I think would fall into the cat. "got to have one" beauty of a pit there.Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back