Revell mosquito MK.IV bomber 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Rochie.

instructions are all over the place, here, there and everywhere. its a real head ache to follow. you build a part and later you don't even need :?:

It's looking smart Keith. I know what you mean about some of the Revell Instructions - on the 32nd scale Hunter, some of the numbers for the 200+ decals don't match up at all. I hand painted some of the cockpit and ejector seat placards etc, only to find decals for them much later! On another kit, if I hadn't test fitted, some of the parts would have been upside down if the instructions had been followed - still their quality is normally very good in relation to the price, so no complaints from me.

thanks Terry

i built the engines for it and later on ( in the destructions ) :) you dont need them ( if you don't want to use them ) :?:

So i am not useing them hangs head in shame :oops: :lol:

What the h**l it's only for the bairn to play with.

That's true Cory. I've been saving an engine from the Tamiya 1/48th scale Lancaster for over 30 years, to eventually go into a Mosquito for a diorama - and now Revell do a Mosquito with engines! At least when I get this kit, I'll then have at least two spare engines!

by the way this kit comes with extras:!:

4 rockets and as i am not going to use the wheels and wheelbraces and guards ( so my neice do's not smash them off:lol: )

high guys and girls

finished the build work ( left the bombs off and the little bits for the bairn, so it still looks ok:| ) I HOPE :oops:.
you guys an girls decide:lol::lol::lol: Also in the pics is what it is going to be like when painted:oops: forgot to say that it is masking tape you can see on the nose of the mozzie :)

mozziefront.jpg

side on mozzie.jpg

undermozzie.jpg

colour of fin mozzie.jpg
top mozzie.jpg

thanks guys

got a start on the painting this afternoon. fist complete coat on props silky black and yellow tips,matt black on prop hubs ( first coat ) rust on the exhausts ( first coat ) and the camo on top grey/blue and dark green on the top ( first coat ).

Waiting to do the matt black body sides and under belly tomorrow.

well guys and girls

just finished the first coat of matt black on the fusalarge, tail and belly. second coat on tomorrow.will have to touch up the camo paint a bit as a little over run with the black :oops:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back