RIP Readie

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
It is with a heavy heart that I post this thread. Unfortunately another valued member of our forum family has passed. Readie Readie passed on February 29th. I do not have all the details. Maybe oldcrowcv63 oldcrowcv63 may have some. My condolences, and deepest sympathies.

I learned of it just a day or so ago. We were in continual correspondence since becoming acquainted on this forum in 2012. I would describe him as a true gentleman whose affection for the Supermarine Spitfire knew no bounds. He struggled with ill health for years and had been through some very rough times in the last year or so. Lately, he appeared to be improving, so when my regular email correspondence went unanswered, I became alarmed that he might have suffered a relapse or worse. He was characteristically, a most faithful correspondent. Sure enough checking his Face Book page (John is on Facebook as John E. Read). I learned the sad news. It's a typical story on this forum. We make some good friends, whom perhaps we never meet, yet our lives intersect in positive ways. As I have found with so many of you, my life has been enriched for having known him.

A final salute to you, John E. Read: :pilotsalute:

May you rest in Peace
John E Read.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back