RNZAF Corsair Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fantastic work mate.

You know you could probably make a fibreglass mould of that and make up some more and sell em!

It's in the works! This is my first composite fuselage from my molds. I displayed it at the Oshkosh air show a few years back. Check out my website.
The Corsair82 - F4U-1A Corsair Homebuilt Aircraft Kit

Oshkosh '02.jpg

I painted it to look like a war weary veteran. Not a prissy airshow bird. Should I start a Thread on this?

small update

continued sanding Outside for better ventilation.Regreting painting it.I couldn't be stuffed finding the enamel paint I usually use(It went off for a walk without permission!:evil: ) So I just painted it with some acrylic which ok it was white but it dired a rubbery glueish (Not known at the time of painting) And well it just peels off(F**king annoying)

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 46
Sorry my friend if I have offended you but it wasn't my goal.:oops:Your work looks really good and I admire your effort.
Simply an impression.When I was an older kid my friiend made a flying model of Yak-18.The model had had to be make smooth with a putty before painting.The guy put so huge amount of it on the model that later it wasn't possible to fly with it at all.That's way l always get the impression when I can see a lot of putty on models.

Well....My $20 sander decided to go on strike(No surprise)Sorta annoyed me quite a bit...... :evil:

Gonna have to go and buy another one tomorrow

So after being demotivated I decided to just put in a wall behind the engine and paint it all black

Attachments

• IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 40
small update

continued sanding Outside for better ventilation.Regreting painting it.I couldn't be stuffed finding the enamel paint I usually use(It went off for a walk without permission!:evil: ) So I just painted it with some acrylic which ok it was white but it dired a rubbery glueish (Not known at the time of painting) And well it just peels off(F**king annoying)

Try a glossy Latex. I have good luck with that for my plaster molds. Looks like yer sander is busted bad!

You're putting some hard work into this Daniel, which is why your sander looks totally f*!*d !!!
I'd suggest you use the best paint you can afford mate, as it's the thing which will finish the job, and it'll be taking the knocks. The worst thing that could happen is to get a neat looking finish, then have it flake or chip off after a short time. I reckon a litre of synthetic enamel, from a car body/paint shop, or a 'trade' paint outlet, should do the job, thinned about 10% thinner to paint for brushing, or about 40% thinner for spraying with a spray gun (not airbrush). In the UK, a basic 'solid' colour can be had for around £10, maybe a little bit more. On the area you need to paint, you should be able to get 2 to 3 good coats, and have some left over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back