RNZAF Corsair Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What I want to know is if she has been made operational yet and if the fighter pilot has any exlpoits to share with us yet;)
Great job!!!

I request a video of your sister flying off with this beast once its complete. Possibly a video of you too, just for laughs :D

Great work Daniel!

To be 100% accurate the flash colours would be equal width, but still looks great to me.

Will get that fixed up later on today Evan ,shouldn't be to much hassle

Haven't been upto much ,These drawers haven't appeared much on trademe and I don't want to pay the brandnew price

I know my build estimate times seriously need more thought:oops:

Your onto it Wayne!:thumbleft:

Jemm was pedalling round in it today ,she managed to brake a part off the canopy framing

Now I'm regreting not building a 109 (Square canopy would of been a f**k load easier to build)

True that Wayne ,I did not take that into account

(Its a learning process:oops:)

Il get their eventually

No idea mate

Started gathering materials .I'm thinking this will take a little longer to build than the Corsair ,yet to decide on 1:9 or 1:10 scale or possible even 1:8 .Gonna work out how to install a fully functional propeller which will be the aircrafts power source.Think by the time this'l be done Jemma would of gotten sick of pedals! Pretty much gonna be a scale replica.Lot of thinking yet to do...

90% sure Il be doing a G-6 (normal tail not tall tail!) with older syle canopy (IMO easier to build than the later "Galland hood" ,just curious is there a proper title for the later style hood? I've heard the 'Galland hood" term is incorrect?)

Also figured with a G-6 variant theres a fairly wide choice of schemes to choose from

Definately be spending abit more money on this build to! I think my biggest problem is going to be the landing gear followed closely by the motor.Il think its achievable though:D

Sounds great Daniel. You'll have to grab a couple of plastic (or ally) bowls, to cut down to make the MG breech cover bulges. BTW, the hood is more correctly known as the 'Erla haube', or Erla hood. It gets the Galland 'thing' as it was supposedly Adolf Galland who was instrumental in getting Messerschmitt to fit a different hood, with better visibilty and more room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back