RNZAF Corsair Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

109, I'm laughing my @ss off about how GREAT that looks!!! Superb, man. Just brilliant. Lil Jemma!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Wonderful!

Looks brilliant Daniel, I totally agree with Matt, just brilliant!
Matt, I might be wrong, as it's not really my 'field', but I think that RNZAF Corsairs carried the roundels under both wings, as extra I.D., just as the USAAF P47's did in Europe for a time.

Thanks guys! :oops:

Il wait to Evan gives his word on markings before I start painting over any markings (Pretty sure I've got it right)

Depending on weather tomorrow Il get the finflash on and hopefully paint the cockpit

Started sound testing yesterday ,Just played a song.Its easy to hear but I sorta wanted the thing to vibrate so I'm thinking a third speaker in the back maybe needed

Damn roaming, this is a beast project and you've got it by the leash. Makes these tiny models seem like nothing. Good work!

Looks great Dan!

And yep, roundels in six positions and fin flash both sides. The USAF style port upper, starboard lower system only came in in 1970 with the purchase of our Strikemasters and Skyhawks.
The only other aircraft to have carried four roundels are the Aermacchis, and since 1986, the Hercules' and Andovers, when they received the new two tone green and grey scheme. They lost the White from the roundels then, and the starboard upper and port lower roundels completely. Only aircraft retaining the Blue, White, and Red roundel retain the six position system (Orions, Airtainers, etc)

Where did you see pics of Corsair tails with flashes on one side only, btw?

Thanks for the info mate!

Heres the photo I saw with no finflash on fin

Attachments

• corsair-03.jpg
    corsair-03.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 41
No worries Dan, and thanks for posting the pic!
NZ5648 is the only ex-RNZAF Corsair in airworthy condition, and one of only two complete survivors (the other is NZ5612). Both are Goodyear FG-1Ds.
NZ5648 is now part of the Breitling fighter collection (ex Old Flying Machine Company), hence the badge aft of the cowl. As to the lack of fin flash, I'd say that's just an error on their part. The fin flash was as important to aircraft identification as the roundel.

Interesting ,thanks for sharing that

Will get it on today ,Hopefully photo's later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back