Rock Im Park 2008

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Well I figured I would start up my Rock im Park 2008 thread since the rumors and first confirmations have come in.

For those that dont know Rock im Park is a German Summer Festival that I go to every year. It is held in Nurnberg about 30km from my house. Every year top acts from all over the world play here. It lasts 3 days long and about 90 bands perform. It is a lot of fun.

Next years festival takes place June 6,7 and 8th.

Confirmed for Rock Im Park 2008

Metallica
Motorhead
Babyshambles
Bullet For My Valentine
Die Toten Hosen
Dimmu Borgir
In Flames
Nightwish
Rage Against The Machine
Sportfreunde Stiller
The Hellacopters

Die Toten Hosen are a German Punk/Rock band that I really enjoy. They are a great band to listen to and allways put on a great live show.

Rumors so far for Rock im Park 2008

Alterbridge (Have said they will play European Festivals)
Sum 41
Van Halen
Bruce Springsteen
Slipknot (Have said they will play European Festivals)
Mudvayne (Have said they will play European Festivals)
Disturbed (Have said they will play European Festivals)
International Noise Conspiracy
Serj Tankien (Solo performance by singer of System of A Down)
NOFX ((Have said they will play European Festivals and allready confirmed for Nova Rock which is 1 week after Rock im Park)
Incubus
In Extremo
Volbeat
HIM
Bad Religion
Sex Pistols
Danko Jones
Flogging Molly
Sick Of It All
Queens of the Stone Age
The Prodigy
Machine Head
Volbeat

Here are links to the last few Rock im Park threads that I started.

Rock im Park 2007
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/music/rock-im-park-2007-a-7954.html

Rock im Park 2006
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/off-topic-misc/adler-plan_ds-drunken-adventures-4186.html

AC/DC is allways a rumored band and they dont come.

There is a Metal Magazine that printed in an interview last week that the Metallica would be there again. I am looking foward to it allready.

Awesome **** man. I'm getting over to Europe in the next few years hopefully. Definitely seeing this!

I'm still pumped for maiden in Feb in melbourne though :D

Becca and I are actually discussing comin over there for the Summer Chris... Would a tent be provided for us, or would we have to provide our own gear for the show???

Dan that would be awesome if you two would come!!!!

If you come you will just have to bring your clothes and spending money. I have a guest bedroom and when we are at the concert I will rent for you guys a 4 person tent from the Army MWR. You dont have to worry about a Grill because I will be bringing mine.

Really it would be awesome!

Well if yall can make it, it certainly would be great! And Becca you would love Germany. It is a very beautiful country. This is actually the best time though because of the snow down in the mountains.

Bruce Springsteen has gone metall ?? that has to be crap.

thought Van halen was history after Eddie got cancer or maybe he is still in denial ?

Bruce Springsteen has gone metall ?? that has to be crap.

Naw Rock im Park is not just a Heavy Metal festival. There are 90 bands from different kinds of rock. The predominant bands are Heavy Metal, Hardcore, Punk and Alternative though.

Erich said:
thought Van halen was history after Eddie got cancer or maybe he is still in denial ?

Nope they are doing a reunion tour with David Lee Roth again. From what I heard the sound is amazing now that Roth is not all doped up.

sorry Chris but the best thing the German operation could do was dump Bruce and his party ~ stick with Schwer Metall all the way. i wonder if the Roth thing will be negated or will probably be the last thing Halen ever does, they are on their way out to many personal problems wtihin

I like Bruce. I think he puts out good music. To be honest that is the cool think about Rock im Park is that is not limited to just Heavy Metal. You get people from all walks of life. Like I said though most of it is Heavy Metal bands.

:( I've booked time off work in the hope that my situation improves to give me enough money to pay you a visit this year... but I ain't betting on me being there.

:( I've booked time off work in the hope that my situation improves to give me enough money to pay you a visit this year... but I ain't betting on me being there.

Well you know you are allways welcome. With Dan possibly coming it would be awesome if you could make it as well though.

too bad they don't have this in the winter I and the Mrs would probably make it......... nah you guys couldn't stand me to be around you more than 15 minutes, and in any case Chris make sure your cameras batteries are working and the lens is clean and ...........

Couldn't stand to be around you longer than 15 min.???

What kind of crap is that Erich? I am sure every person here would get along just fine with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back