Rock im Park 2010

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I finally have some time to upload some pics and what not.

First a review:

Thursday

Thursday started out pretty shitty actually. It did not stop raining the whole damn day. It was pouring while we were trying to set up our camp and we all got pretty damn wet and never had a chance to dry off. The fact that the temps never got higher than around 60 F that day did not really help matters either. All in all though we made the best of it, drank beer and grilled some good food.

Friday the weather changed for the good. Temps were in the high 80s to low 90s. The only thing that made this really bad was the fact that were no clouds in the sky and the sun became over bearing. Inside the wave breakers (the closed off area directly in front of the stage) we had temps as high as 102 F. The weather would remain this way through Sunday for the remainder of the festival. Still however the atmosphere was amazing and everyone was in great spirits.

Friday

On Friday went and saw Five Finger Death Punch. They were the first band to play and only played about 30 minutes, but the show was really good. Very aggressive heavy music, and it really got the blood pumping for the rest of the day. Later that day saw Bullet for My Valentine whom I don't really give two shits about, but they were on the stage...;). Right after them I saw In Extremo who put on a really good show. For those that do not know them, they are a German Medieval Metal Band. Check them out on Youtube if you have not heard of them, a good fun band.

The headliner that night was Rammstein. The show was absolutely amazing! This was not the first time I saw them, but they still never fail to amaze me. The setlist was rather crappy however, as they mostly played songs off of the new album, and I really do not like that album. The show however was a typical Rammstein show with lots of special effects, explosions, pyro and what not. Lots of fun!

Right after Rammstein I went and saw Them Crooked Vultures. Great band with a real great live jam feeling. This is the band made up of Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters), John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) and Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age). Man these guys are great! If you have not seen them live yet, please do so.

Saturday

Saturday saw quite a few bands. First band was Slash. Very good time! Slash is still an amazing guitarist. His solo band played songs from both Guns N Roses, Slash's solo album as well as an Alter Bridge song. The singer Myles Kennedy (from Alter Bridge) did an absolutely great job singing the GNR songs which were Civil War, Night Train, Sweet Child of Mine and Paradise City. Right after Slash came Cypress Hill and Jay-Z. I sat on the ground for these shows, I am a not a Hip Hop fan...;)

Finally after Jay-Z (which was horrible), came the headliner for Saturday. KISS! As always put on an amazing show as well! Played a good setlist of 22 songs ranging from new to the old classics. The stage show was great as well, typical KISS show with good pyro and effects.

Kiss Setlist
1. Modern Day Delilah
2. Cold Gin
3. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
4. Firehouse
5. Say Yeah
6. Deuce
7. Crazy Crazy Nights
8. Calling Dr. Love
9. Shock Me
10. I'm An Animal
11. 100,000 Years
12. I Love It Loud
13. Love Gun
14. Black Diamond (Additional Information: With "Whole Lotta Love" snippet by Led Zeppelin)
15. Detroit Rock City
16. Beth
17. Lick It Up
18. Shout It Out Loud
19. I Was Made For Lovin' You
20. God Gave Rock 'n' Roll to You II (Additional Information: Dedicated to Ronnie James Dio)
21. Rock And Roll All Nite

Sunday

Sunday was supposed to be a day full of metal, but I ended up leaving pretty early. The sun and the heat just started to get to me. I ended up watching Hell Yeah! first. That is the band of former Pantera drummer Vinny Paul. Right after them came As I Lay Dying, who put on a pretty decent show, but nothing spectacular. Following them was Lamb of God. Great fricken band! This was the 3rd time I had seen them, and they always put on a great show! Very aggressive but great music. I do not think I will ever get really tired of Lamb of God. Following Lamb of God, I saw Stone Sour who put on a really fun and great show. Corey Taylor (who is also the singer of Slipknot) is just an amazing singer! His vocal range and stage presence is just amazing.

As stated however, I really was feeling sick after that point and I skipped out the last 4 bands and went home. The 3 bands that I missed were Volbeat, Alice in Chains, Slayer and Motorhead. Besides the fact that I was not feeling well, the fact that I will be seeing all 4 of these bands next Saturday helped influence my decision.

And now some pics:

Arriving on Thursday in the rain and setting up camp:

rip10-2.jpg

rip10-4.jpg

rip10-5.jpg

rip10-3.jpg

Five Finger Death Punch:

rip10-10.jpg

rip10-11.jpg

Bullet For My Valentine

rip10-13.jpg

Slash

rip10-14.jpg

rip10-15.jpg

rip10-16.jpg

rip10-17.jpg

rip10-19.jpg

KISS

rip10-20.jpg

rip10-21.jpg

rip10-22.jpg

rip10-23.jpg

rip10-26.jpg

rip10-27.jpg

rip10-28.jpg

rip10-29.jpg

rip10-30.jpg

Hell Yeah!

rip10-31.jpg

Vinny Paul from Hell Yeah (former Pantera Drummer)

rip10-32.jpg

Lamb of God

rip10-33.jpg

Stone Sour

rip10-34.jpg

rip10-35.jpg

More Pics to follow. I will put some more up this weekend.

Slash put on an amazing show! Great fun, sound was great and the atmosphere was awesome!

This was not the first time seeing him though. I have seen him once with Guns N Roses, 2 times with Velvet Revolver and now 1 time Solo.

I bet it was a great time. That kind of camping would kill me though. Listening to 65 people snoring would make me go Manson on somebody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back