Rookie photographer and airshow Oostwold

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The DC-2 is real nice. I do know of one other one here in California. It flew into Camarillo about 9 months ago on it's way north. I think it was going to Seattle IIRC.

You're right,that's the N1934D, restored in 2007 in currently in Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington. My info was out of date

Oh, my, my, my. Great shots Marcel, the only thing I have is a small digital. I'm going to have to ask Santa for one of those cameras, maybe if I'm nice She'll get me one. :D 8)

Last edited:
Some really nice shots there Marcel, thanks. Do you happen to know if the aerobatic glider was flown by a woman pilot?
If so, it's possible that it's the same charming lady I met a couple of times when I used to manage the Fire Crews and marshallers for the air show at my local club. She used to put on a fantastic show, synchronised to some rather nice music. Her finale was to land off a loop, very skilful and dramatic.

Some really nice shots there Marcel, thanks. Do you happen to know if the aerobatic glider was flown by a woman pilot?
If so, it's possible that it's the same charming lady I met a couple of times when I used to manage the Fire Crews and marshallers for the air show at my local club. She used to put on a fantastic show, synchronised to some rather nice music. Her finale was to land off a loop, very skilful and dramatic.

Nope, it was a Dutch male. But it was synchonised to music and quite astonishing.

nice shots, any more?

DBII
I have many more, but not sure if I want to post them :lol:
Thats a nice formation I think the DC2 would be working pretty hard to keep up
I think the others were struggling with the low speed. :)
But you should have heard the sound when they flew over our head. Wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back