Royal Air Force Museum - London UK (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Feb 7, 2013
Hey all, I'm in the process of building a website called The WAR MACHINE. Its a collection of Military vehicles from museums and other attractions I've visited from around the world. This is the first set I published from the RAF Museum near London England. I'm only including WWII era aircraft in this post but be sure to look around my site for Cold War and Modern aircraft as well! https://sites.google.com/site/militarymuseums/home/raf-london
Also, press the actual images to view them in their high resolution beauty!

cgAnN7cl.jpg

Messerschmitt 262 (My favorite!)
x6GX4Dxl.jpg

Hawker Hurricane and Supermarine Spitfire
T5XJWVrl.jpg

Kawasaki ki 100
uuBpB4ql.jpg

Me Bf 109
8pRF8oGl.jpg

de Havilland Mosquito
sZ9dgoul.jpg

P-51 Mustang
bcnC6wCl.jpg

B-24 Liberator
7ciFHzxl.jpg

B-25 Mitchell
JXoF6gC.jpg

Avro Lancaster
JmZhAuil.jpg

V2 Rocket​

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photos, Sharkbiteattack; it's very difficult to photograph well at Hendon due to lighting, without some adjustment, those halogen bulbs in the roof of the main halls turn everything green.

A note about the Miles Mohawk, the black aeroplane with the orange wings near the Harrier that might interest you American types. It was designed especially for Charles Lindbergh, who wanted a fast two-seat tourer for him and his wife. He flew it on some long distance flights from the UK, including to Russia and India. It's at Hendon because it was impressed into RAF service during WW2 - Lindbergh gifted it to the UK government.

A note about the Miles Mohawk, the black aeroplane with the orange wings near the Harrier that might interest you American types. It was designed especially for Charles Lindbergh, who wanted a fast two-seat tourer for him and his wife. He flew it on some long distance flights from the UK, including to Russia and India. It's at Hendon because it was impressed into RAF service during WW2 - Lindbergh gifted it to the UK government.

Thanks Nuuman! Does anyone have pics of this plane? I started a thread a few days ago about Lindbergh's planes in museums.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/between-wars-1918-1939/charles-lindberghs-aircraft-36210.html

it has been ages since I last went to Hendon!...some good shots here ...but you didn't go to the Battle of Britain hall then ?

..worth pointing out that there are more ex-Luftwaffe airframes on display at Hendon than in any other museum in the world...

it has been ages since I last went to Hendon!...some good shots here ...but you didn't go to the Battle of Britain hall then ?

..worth pointing out that there are more ex-Luftwaffe airframes on display at Hendon than in any other museum in the world...

Unfortunately I didn't make it there in time while the museum was still open. I know they have a JU 87 and a JU 88 there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back