Russia intervenes in Syria

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How about Russia went in hoping to drive the price of oil up.
That particular region doesn't have a significant oil export capacity and Putin already has Europe by the short hairs with his oil and natural gas exports BUT, it would most certainly be in Putin's best interests to stir up the hornet's nest to take the heat off his "leibensraum" goals in the Ukraine and other places.

Remember when Clinton was feeling the heat during the whitewater investigations and his womanizing shenanigans, he'd fling a few cruise missiles here and there to draw attention away from that circus.

My friend in Tripoli, Lebanon reported this AM that the shoot-down story is not confirmed .... I'll be hung from a lamp-post for panic mongering .. :)
However, the Russians have not said anything and this silence says quite a bit. The Kremlin is always quick to deny any shenanigans, even when they are caught red-handed.

And I find it interesting that the Turks, NATO and the U.S. have been very quiet about this...

Also, after the last "accidental" Russian overflight of Turkish airspace, the Turks said that no further intrusions will be tolerated and any aircraft entering their airspace will be downed. This was about 6 days ago and here's a good report on what was going on at the time:
NATO Denounces Russia for Violating Turkish Airspace - ABC News

Rag tag guerrilla army isil is not. ever noticed how they get about in the latest suvs, all the same, clean and tidy 9for a war zone) dressed the same, new looking weapons. These guys are well appointed, well trained, well motivated, and at the moment, unstoppable. And there are lots of people in there hurling bombs at each others lackeys but not at the real problem.

im just waiting for some sort of retaliation on Israel. after all, after a while its always Israels fault didn't you know.

That article Michael says volumes about how the Israelis can be expected to act. but there is a problem. in the 1960s and 70's US support for the Israelis was unequivocal and the Europeans and their left wing limp d*ck leanings not nearly so strong as they are now. nowadays its not fashionable to back your friends regardless....we have to consider the other side, make sure that the Arab POV is considered. To me that's utter bulls*it, we need to stop thinking with our d*cks and act decisively and in a united way. bomb the arabs back to the stone age is my opinion, and then apply the screws to the russians. We have enough of the aces, but are just too stupid to realize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back