Russian P-63 Print Pieces of Real A/C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ColesAircraft

Airman 1st Class
Howdy!

I've been adding new stuff on eHanger - but have been missing this forum. Shame on me!

Here's my new piece that's very much 'in progress.' I'm just working on the background and tweaking the composition now - our a/c being pasted-in temporarily. Eventually there will be lots of tracer and fire into the water etc . . .

My idea is to market this as a print w/ an actual piece of Russian lend-lease P-63 Kingcobra #444315 (which will be the a/c in the foreground, firing) - a box of which I just received from the UK.

It's kind of my grand strategy - to offer prints w/ pieces, since autographs are getting so hard to acquire.

Any input or suggestions???

Thanks!

- Ron Cole

Cole's Aircraft Aviation Art by Ron Cole

cool, I just saw the P-39's in grey and I thought those where unpainted renders. So do you photo a plastic model then compose/paint it all in Photoshop? Nice stuff, different

cool, I just saw the P-39's in grey and I thought those where unpainted renders. So do you photo a plastic model then compose/paint it all in Photoshop? Nice stuff, different

Thanks!

Here's one I just completed after pulling an all-nighter. Again, pure Photoshop. I actually lost this image while it was 300+ layers in a 1.5 gig .psd file. Refused to open! I had to flatten the image (not good) and open in Illustrator, then import back into Photoshop . . . but it was ultimately salvaged.

I'm still tweaking it - so suggestions are welcome!

- Ron Cole

Wow! beautiful! that must have been scary when you thought you lost it.
I use ps all the time, I run a retouching studio in NYC, I always do my comps in ps but never thought about finishing it in there, but your stuff is inspiring me to give it a shot. I'm geeked for cs5, I heard it's going to incorporate paint brushes much more like Painter. Anyway, great stuff, thanks for sharing/.

the only suggestion I'd have for the painting iis the clouds above the plane. The 2 blue spaces between the three groups of white clouds look a little too similar to each other, almost pattern like, I'd break up one of those spaces, my eye keeps going to it. Otherwise very nice

Users who are viewing this thread