SA/AUS Test Series

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

eddie_brunette

Senior Airman
Oct 17, 2007
Nelspruit, Mpumalanga
wonderfull '09 for all!!!!

Anybody been following the test sereis? Any views?

I thought we might win a test downunder, but the series? still :shock: :shock: :shock:

edd

^ now why am I not surprised :lol:

Been following it but not live. Saffers were lucky to win the first two tests, great knock by Duminy (and Steyn) in the last test and by the whole team in the first.

Don't see the current test going for them though (likely a draw). But still pleased to see them win the series :D

Oh well, just lost last one, but great fightback by SA tail and Smith

Now onto the 20-20 and ODI's

Any predictions?

edd

Oh well, just lost last one, but great fightback by SA tail and Smith

Now onto the 20-20 and ODI's

Any predictions?

edd

Excellent effort by South Africa, Eddie! Smith and company nearly caused an upset draw. Australia is looking a little "depleted" at the moment with Lee gone and Hayden in a rut, so no predictions at this stage. :(

Smith will be "sorely" missed due to his wrist fracture and ongoing tendonitis.. gutsy effort by him this afternoon. (I've read that he'll undergo a revolutionary procedure for his elbow..injecting the site with a sample of his own blood. Radio commentators related the story of an AFL player that had a similar procedure done in the USA for a groin injury).

Seriously, all credit to SA for winning the series, easily the better team. I agree with Graeme, Australia is looking pretty flat. Lets hope they pick up a notch foe the One dayers.
BTW it was great watching Smith go out to bat today, gutsy stuff!

I think the ODI's is going to be a cracker. I always loved the ZA vs Aus ODI's

I'm a HUGE fan of Hayden, and it is the first time I see him fail so badly against ZA. He is usually a big thorn in our side, but people always tended to look at Shane, Adam, Glenn when ZA got trumped by AUS.

BUT....to me this whole series is only finished after AUS toured ZA, and there are still 3 tests to go.....

Oh man ....I love cricket 

It is a shame that English cricket in turmoil again over KP and coach

edd

Isn't really surprising to be honest although I have no idea what has caused it this time. As long as they sort something out in the near to have some resemblance of normality before the Windies tests and of course the Ashes.

Great series, riveting stuff.

I'm annoyed Hayden has been dumped, typical media hype and the selectors have pandered again.

For me the best performers were Johnson and Clarke, both proving to be the leaders for the future of Australian cricket.

Siddle was impressive and with consistency will become a handy ace in our deck.

Australia is up for a challenge and I think its great the playing field is at its most level in years.

In domestic cricket I think seriously more effort has to be put into spin and pace bowling tho, theres always enough batsmen but never enough reserves of bowlers.

Cheers. Well done SA!

Whow, I greed Mr Warner!!! What a debut!! Well done to him!

edd

Agreed Eddie!

This is why the selectors need to be more active and remove players like Hayden who make statements.. ."I'll leave when I'm ready and on my own terms." It's the selectors job to 'select', but some players forget this or think that they're beyond elimination.

Warner's performance was as so many say, "awesome!"

Warner was simply amazing! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. As for Tait, well I'm a big fan. Have watched him many times playing for the Redbacks at the Adelaide oval and he always brings excitment to the game. Who else felt the pain of that ball that cracked A B de Villiers hip!!

I agree Warner is a natural talent however he hasn't played a first class game yet and needs time to mature.

Hayden has invaluable experience and could bat anywhere. Taking absolutely nothing away from Warner when I say this but 20/20 though proving his ability with batting doesn't prove his real cricket temprement.

Tait is in blistering form and I too cringed at each replay for his hit on de Villiers, that was brutal to say the least.

Like I said Australian cricket is now at a crossroads to lift the bar again and meet world cricket with some fresh blood while sucking out as much experience as we can.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back