SA Model Expo (Adel) 2007

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Next up the winner of this class...this model was a commission build that now resides somewhere in England.

Attachments

• Me262B-1a_7571.JPG
    Me262B-1a_7571.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Me262B-1a_7581.JPG
    Me262B-1a_7581.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 111
Looking excellent.:D

Guys ,what does it mean that the model was a commission build? Could you explain it to me?

Commission build, simply put, is when you are asked, requested to build a kit for someone at an agreed price or cost. the purchaser paid a couple of hundred dollars, plus kit plus freight.
The Tiger II I have been building in Les's thread is a commission build for a friend it will eventually reside in Dallas, Texas in the US of A. It is the 5th tank I have done for this friend.(1 per year)
Most commission builds are done for the love of building because at an hourly rate for a well built model most would not or could not afford it too often, so a fair and reasonable price is usually agreed upon.

Nice ones, Wayne!

That Mistel kit is the Dragon 'Mistel 5' in 1:72. I don't know if a Mistel ('Mistletoe') was ever actually planned in this configuration, but it looks good!
My favourite Mistel, however is the planned Me 262A-1/U-2 (with glass nose for an observer) mounted above an Me 262A stripped of it's canopy and undercarriage, and taking off via the same setup as the above model.

Regarding the Revell Me 262 kits, they are great,and according to critics better than the Hasegawa kits (I don't have the Has kit, so can't testify personally, but do have 2 Revell Me 262A's, and 1 Me 262B-1a).
CMK made a number of detail sets, aswell as a complete detail set for the Me 262A and B versions, with complete Junkers Jumo 004 engines, cockpits,gun bay, etc in resin. I never managed to get one before production ran off, but I think the 3rd place bloke did (or I'm doing him a grave injustice!)

What is of interest is that Academy have recently released the Me 262A in 1.72 (kit no. 03212410) which has been moulded to be configured into ANY A-version, and is apparently better than the Revell kit, with complete cockpit, engine, gun bay and undercarriage well areas! The only real criticism I read was in the engine to wing fit, and if I know academy, they'll have stuffed up the canopy again...

Keep your eyes peeled!

Dallas is only 4 hours away. I may have to visit it, Wayne Little. I hope it is not going through the US Post. It will be crushed.

DBII

DBII, the very first one I sent (Tiger I Early) went in the post and arrived in one piece, the others have been packed securely in a box and shipped in a suitcase surrounded by clothing! No casualties so far....

Commission build, simply put, is when you are asked, requested to build a kit for someone at an agreed price or cost. the purchaser paid a couple of hundred dollars, plus kit plus freight.
The Tiger II I have been building in Les's thread is a commission build for a friend it will eventually reside in Dallas, Texas in the US of A. It is the 5th tank I have done for this friend.(1 per year)
Most commission builds are done for the love of building because at an hourly rate for a well built model most would not or could not afford it too often, so a fair and reasonable price is usually agreed upon.

Hallo Wayne,

Thank you very much for this explanation.Now I understand.Simply the expression has been a new one I hadn't met with before.In English, of course.
Again THX. :D

BTW As usual the excellent stuff here dear friend.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back