Sad sight (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
Last week I was at the (former) navy-airfield Valkenburg, near The Hague. There I took the following pictures.
This is a DC3/C47 from the Liberating-wings museum. It was borrowed to be the décor at a musical (soldier of Orange). This is what happened to it. You can read the story here: Dakota C47 in Soldier of Orange

Attachments

• 24092010855.jpg
    24092010855.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 24092010856.jpg
    24092010856.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 286
  • 24092010857.jpg
    24092010857.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 274
  • 24092010858.jpg
    24092010858.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Terrible. The last paragraph seems to have spelled it's doom:

All parts were then taken to Valkenburg for a more detailed inspection the next day. This confirmed our worst fears: removing the center wing section with grinders and cutters had damaged the aircraft beyond repair. It will not only be unfit to feature in the musical, but is most probably lost for use in our museum as well.

Damn shame.

A sad loss

I can just see someone from the museum saying "Ive a great idea, what could possibly go wrong"

:cry::cry::cry:
Damn, I HATE to see a beautiful old plane wrecked like that!
Any chance of any kind of financial dispensation from the authorities, the insurance company or anyone???
I know it won't do any good in the end, the bird's a wreck - but someone's gotta held be responsible for wrecking that plane! :evil:

:cry::cry::cry:
Damn, I HATE to see a beautiful old plane wrecked like that!
Any chance of any kind of financial dispensation from the authorities, the insurance company or anyone???
I know it won't do any good in the end, the bird's a wreck - but someone's gotta held be responsible for wrecking that plane! :evil:

Biker babe

The poor guy who was responsible for organising it was no doubt doing his best and without that accident would be commended for what he did. Nothing can bring it back and wheras an insurance comapny may be made to payout in the end sh*t happens. Thousands of beautiful planes were scrapped without a thought including DC3 /C47 sadly it is only when we are down to the last few pwople take notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back