SBD Revell 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Flash_Taco

Airman
May 12, 2010
San Diego, CA
Hi gentlemen, Its been a while since I stop and say hi. I finally decided to post one of my works here. It is an SBD from good old (and cheap) Revell, in 1:48 scale. In spite the model being marginally engineered it is still possible to produce a decent looking bird. This is my first attempt to resume modeling after a 20 year window. I hope you like it

Attachments

• SBD1.jpg
    SBD1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 194
  • SBD2.jpg
    SBD2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 165
  • SBD3.jpg
    SBD3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 170
  • SBD4.jpg
    SBD4.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 179
  • SBD6.jpg
    SBD6.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 163
  • SBD5.jpg
    SBD5.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 174
Nicely done indeed. I remember this kit from the mid 1960s, sold as part model, part toy, with all the 'gimmicks' of dropping bomb, retracting gear etc. I remember being impressed then, as no one else made kits like that.

It feels really good to read such kind comments from you all, specially since most here are extraordinary good modelers. I believe that following some postings of this forum (specially the step by step section) made it easy for me to go back building with competence. Cheers to you all!

While I don't count myself among the esteemed group of extraordinary good modelers, I must say that if you continue what you did here, you'll be amongst their company in no time, Flash Taco!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back