School shooting...damn scum (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
For pity's sake can we please lay off the "we should all carry weapons" diatribes and simply take the time to offer whatever thoughts or prayers we can for all families involved in this unspeakable tragedy? This is too appalling for words and the prospect of even more weapons on our streets simply fills me with despair.

I have not been able to comment on this ntil now. They buried two six year olds today. There is no normal to describe that. i have a lot of life experience in my time, seen a lot, thought i could deal with anything that life or the world could hurl at me. I cannot understand why anyone could see or feel the need to blow away a six year old boy.

I watch this tragedy with a great deal of sadness

This struck a little too close to home for me - a work colleague lost a grandchild in this massacre. Too hideous for words. I left work early on Friday just so I could get home and see my kids - totally irrational but I had to do it.

The reality is that as we get more "liberal" where the basic structure of responsible life style is being eroded,whether you agree about gays,grass,screw God(I'm far from a religious zealot),the infro structure of law and order versus the liberation of every right that's out here is counter productive. I grew up around guns since I was 9, I would never in my friggin mind would ever consider using them to cause harm in any way unless there was a need too, The respect/maybe fear of my parents was the education I needed, commen sense,respect,respecting the law,elders etc. was the way. Everybody has a free pass these days, life is a reset away.

next time you get on a commercial flight, as soon as you are free to walk about the cabin, stand up and announce you are taking over the plane. your life expectancy is about 20 seconds...half that if there is an air marshal on board. you will be beaten, strangled, tied up with belts, panty hose and shoe laces. 9/11 brought about a change in people's attitude regarding hijackings. starting with flight 93 they decided we will not be helpless victims and it wasnt going to go down the way the hijackers planned. this is not a gun issue..knife issue...baseball bat issue. this is a violence issue. you can outlaw implements with deodand laws but you will never eliminate violence. those who are intent to violently inflict harm on others will satisfy their lust one way or another. what can be done is to change the response to it. until people decide enough is enough it will go on...and on. the time that an individual goes into a mall or a church or where ever with the same evil intent but is swarmed beaten to death by the hands of his would-be victims is when you will see acts like this begin to subside. wolves dont feed on lions but lambs. what makes this instance particularly unique and tragic was the target was children who by nature are innocent and defenseless. every school needs to assess its vulnerability and take steps to less any that are. its the sad nature of the world we live in.

Last edited:
Guns are as much a state of mind as anything... like the flag or the constitution... it's conditioning from an early age that causes an underlying mind-set to be in place, and it must be hard to shake off. This boy was obviously deeply disturbed, and lashed out with tragic consequences, but because he had a 'gun solution' state of mind, the result was hideous beyond belief. As was pointed out earlier, the man in China stabbed many children but there is not such a gun culture there otherwise it would have been far worse.

I want to talk more about the state of mind of Americans, and before you say 'f*cking cheek' or whatever - it does concern me, as it should concern everyone in every country - because what happens in the USA is important.

So how are you all? shocked? resigned? angry? Well, here is my Plan:

1. Tear up the Constitution and write some better laws. It is an hangover from the 1700s so it's past time to move on.

2. Every legal gun to have a gun-safe, or be stored in the local police station.

3. Every illegal gun to be tracked down and destroyed. (This is the big one, allow 10 years)

4. Every child to be evaluated for psychotic tendencies. (Also a big one)

All very simplistic to be sure, but the only really important thing to do now is think about the future - will everyone still be lamenting these kind of events in 50 years? 100 years? or forever? it is not nice to speculate on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back