Scrap Corsair or P-40 kits/ spares anyone, in 1:72?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I sure wish I had a stash to pick something out of for you.
Anxious to see what it's gonna look like tho. Luck to you.
Glad to see there are pieces available for you!
Goodonyas guys.

Cheers Bill, appreciate the thought mate!
Thanks too Wayne, much appreciated!

And yep, thanks everyone! If the last kit comes through aswell, then the P-40s are already sorted! After that just need some more Corsairs (about 5/6 all up).

As morbid as it might sound, always loved photos of various scrapped or damaged aircraft. Have quite a few more projects lined up too, all based on original photos.
Some examples:

- RNZAF Sunderland MR.5, resting on starboard wingtip in a paddock during initial strip down (engines off, fuel hatches open, tail off)
- RNZAF Mosquito breakdown: metal parts off, rear nacelles being chopped off with an axe :)shock:! )
- RNZAF Vampire remains, as photographed by self post recovery from a paddock in 1996.
- FAA Seafire XV, written off in landing accident and given to the RNZAF as an instructional airframe.

More RNZAF, RAAF, Luftwaffe, and IJN projects too eventually, all in good time... most to make use of spare parts or scrap kits.

Last edited:
Been trawling the net for as many Rukuhia pics as I can find...boy oh boy are there some subjects!

Decided instead of doing one section of the airfield with the aircraft lined up, to depict various group scenes from different eras of the "Rotten Row"s history. That way I can include one of the Hudsons and Avengers too, as well as showing some of the more interesting scenes. Easier to move smaller dios around too!

One diorama may possibly be in 1:48 too if I can find 1:48 sheep!!! :)

Eventually there will be one hell of a group scene whenever I get my stuff from NZ (7 P-40E's in that stash):
A scene from when the P-40s were ordered off Rukuhia airfield, and moved to the adjacent Asplin's yard.
There's a nice photo of the domestic ideal: Asplin's wooden house with mowed lawn and clothes on the washing line... bordered on 2 sides by a barbed wire fence and an absolute chaos of approx. 50 P-40 airframes with their wings gas-axed off!!!
Great (future) diorama subject! :)

Additions to the 'requests' list, if anyone can help would appreciate it!

Sheep! 1:72 and/or 1:48,
Chevrolet 15 CWT or Quad gun tractor - 1:72, for conversion to postwar mobile crane.

Cheers,
Evan

Can't help with any parts Evan, but sheep are available (that doesn't sound right!) in both scale (actually OO and O gauge) from model railways outlets. Saw some 'animal' packs recently but can't remember where.

Cheers Terry! Does sound a bit suss...'Hi, I'm looking for some sheep...' :)

Will check out the railway model shop for them. Cheers! (or rather, 'Che-e-e-e-e-e-e-rs!? :) )

Cheers Wayne!

Planning to start in December. Pending move abroad in 2013 means careful planning of transportable builds that won't get trashed on the way.

Will get some pics up of the initial diorama scenes chosen soon, got a few other things to sort out in the meantime. Please bear with me...

You want something like this Evan

evan.JPG

Geo

haven't packed your P-40 yet, wanted to check out a particular hobby shop first, dropped in today nothing of note....However I had this thought knawing at me today and went searching a couple of boxes when I got home...AND....found a 1/72 Academy F4U-1 Corsair, so now i have 2 kits to send you.....still the same address I have from the Zeroes, right?

Sad scene alright Bill... especially seeing some of the unnecessary damage done by certain aircraft "restorers" in later years when these birds were extremely rare. For example, chopping a large hole in the rear fuselage of one of the last surviving Corsairs to get a small component inside... :disgusting:

Don't tell Ivett, but just ordered some Eduard PE cockpit sets for the Corsairs.... 4 very cheap sets designed for Academy kits (or in my case 1 Academy, 2 Hasegawa and one soon-to-be converted Italeri F4U-5), and a bit more expensive set for one of the Tamiyas, one of two for the 'intact and in use' RNZAF collection!
(No sheep though... Da-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-mn! :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back