Scrap Corsair or P-40 kits/ spares anyone, in 1:72?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A4K

Colonel
Dec 17, 2007
The back of beyond
G'day guys!

I'm planning a 1:72 diorama of the infamous Corsair, P-40 and Ventura scrapyard at Rukuhia, NZ. Sadly, around 700 aircraft ended their days there at war's end, less than a handful being saved.

This is a very long term project, but what I will need are the following:

-F4U Corsairs:
7-10 kits. Any version, any make, any condition. (We used the F4U-1a, -D, and FG-1D, but I can convert any later versions back)

-P-40 Kittyhawk/ Warhawk:
About 3-5. Again, any version, make or condition. (We used most versions)

(possibly: ) - one or two Venturas, the fighters are the main focus though.

Any spare components from said kits appreciated too, especially spare cockpit sets or PE to save continuous scratchbuilding!

If anyone has any spare kits, even if just trashed components, please let me know! The aircraft will be displayed in stripped and extremely deteriorated, weather beaten condition, so anything is ideal, no matter how bad! :)

Many thanks in advance!

Evan

Hey, no worries Jim! Thanks for the offer too - can never turn down a Mustang! Let me know if there's anything you're after, and I'll trade you for it if poss!

Thanks for looking guys, much appreciated!

Wayne and Aaron, thanks! Would be grateful for both, if yas don't need them yourselves. Please let me know if there's something I can trade yas for them.

Cheers!
Evan

I still have an old (with raised panel lines) 1/72 Hasegawa F4U-1D laying around that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Next to no chance I'll ever get to building that one (got 1/48 laying around). I clipped most parts from the sprues but other then that she's complete.

Cheers Jelmer, that would be perfect! Will drop you a PM shortly.

Aaron, thanks mate! PM coming your way too.

Thanks guys, really much appreciated! (A little something coming your way aswell Wayne!)

Jim, not forgotten mate! I don't have any of those pods here, but I do amongst my stuff in NZ... Esci AC-47 items. Whenever I can get access to my stuff, they're yours!

Will sort out a couple of links to show yas what I have in mind for the diorama. Very sad on the one hand, but a bloody interesting modelling subject on the other!

Sounds like a great diorama in the offing Evan. I'll be posting some pics soon (in the 'other people's models' thread) of a nice little and interesting diorama, which might give you some inspiration and enthusiasm. And this has reminded me to get back to that 1/32nd scale Spitfire on the fire dump I started a couple of years back !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back