Scratchbuilt bf-109 -- in progress

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Charles,

Got L1 and L2 !! How the heck did I miss them? well, I'm a novice like I said with wood. Thanks again a zillion times.

Can I buy you a 6 pack of cyber beer??:)

Regards,

John

John:

Just thought of something else. Before you cover the
wings.... put notches in the leading edges where the
wing guns go. Cover over the notches. When you're
ready to add the wing guns or cannon the hole will be
there... just slit the paper !!

Charles

Dear Texas John, Seems as if you have enough knowledgeable help. I have an ARF ((Almost Ready to fly Styro Me 2621A. You are making better progress than I am. every time I get ready to start I end up in the hospital. they took pictures of my heart last Monday and told me I need some vascular work and a Pace Maker. Guess I'll start later....if my heart doesn't stop or the artery burst. Grin! I'll keep track of yor progress though. -Karl

Between charles and Wojtec you're in very good hands mate! Best of luck with the rest of the project.

And Karl, very sorry to hear that mate - I hope you get better soon.

It has been a while guys.. As I explained to Charles, the wing on the plane had to be re-built because my daughter's puppy tore it up. I think I understand "scratch build" more now:cry:

Anyway here is where I am now with the wing.. The puppy has been barred from the garage..still have to do some more trimming.

Attachments

• formed wing.jpg
    formed wing.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 142
Hallo TexasJohn,

I haven't seen you here for ages.Gald you are back.The wing looks good.What about the fuselage and the cockpit?

Glad to see you're back at it, John. You might want to reduce your pic's
to about 700 X 450 pixels. It will make them easier to view. My 109 is
waiting for me to put on the wing fairing, then it's ready to paint. Just
been too busy with other stuff. That's a mean looking balsa knife !!!

Charles

I have not come up with anything on that yet. I still need to find a 4 / 6 three blade prop. I know it's out there somewhere..This has been one delayed project.

Thank you dear friends! I don't think I ever left, I just fell into a modelling slump..:D

Many thanks to CCheese!! I now have a 3 blade prop along with a paddle to size and trim the prop!!! yipee!!

I am glad we are up again..:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back