Scratchbuilt

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Wurner, Screaming Eagle, Matt308 and all.....
Back on the workshop.
I have had the urge to make a Fiat CR-32 for a long time and last week while the SM-55 was drying from a coat of sealer I started the job...
--

I cut up the main parts from Mahogany and filed the fuselage away...

legno1.jpg

Added some details to the fuselage and sprayed the part to check on mistakes
or whatever..

PASSO2.jpg

Some more work on the fuselage and made and placed the landing gear...
passo3-3.jpg

Getting the "ribs" on the wings.....just strips of paper..

ALI12.jpg

and this where I satnd now....

passo33.jpg

:rolleyes:

Hi Gerar,
Nice you read there again. :D
I like the CR-32,looks really good.How did you achieve the fabric covering effect?

Hi Gerar,
Nice you read there again. :D
I like the CR-32,looks really good.How did you achieve the fabric covering effect?

Hi Wurner.......just glued some strips of paper to obtain the "tubbing" effect of the real fuselage and up fromt some pieces of cardboard for panels. It will look better after I glue some "toilet":shock: paper to the fuselage, you`ll see.
Thanks.....What are you building tonight?

Hi,
I started building+ conversion of P-51B/C into F-6C-10NT some days ago.But I've caught a flu and I had to postpone this.Additionaly there is something wrong with my computer and I couldn't see all uploaded pics.
Now I can see all of them and everything is clear.Good work my friend.:D

BTW Is the Mahogany hard to work with? Do you use any special tools for that?

Wurner...Take care of the flu...
Mahogany is a wonderful wood. It comes in many grades of hardness. I use "Onion" Mahogany which is light brown with very close grain. When it is really dry it cuts like a stiff bar or soap!!!!! it is perfect for models. I use all kinds of tools, each one for its own purpose. Most of the model is done with "Files" of different sizes, sharp knives and sandpaper. These models, as all wood solids, require slow work with the tools so you will not "cut more than you need". They last houndreds of years since mahogany does not deteriorate easily over time. Look at some of the tables and chairs in European Museums made from it. Good as new!!!

awesome work gerar!:)

I love the effectiveness of simple tools like wood and paper. Once I finish school this year I am going to try a wooden model for sure!

Heinz.

Hallow My Friends.....

Well I have dedicated most of my modelling time to the SM-55, so here are two shots of it.....I hope to finish detailing the engines by the weekend so maybe next week it will be ready for its first flight!!!!!:D :D

SM55-PASSO3.jpg

PASSO4.jpg

Follows a US Navy 1942 sheet showings kids how to make solid wood ID models which were used by the armed forces for training on identifying friend and foe...a little bible!!

inst-1.jpg

all steps are still up to date for those of us who make these models...:p :p

The next two are the 2006-2007 production!!!!!!:oops: :oops:

fin2.jpg

fin1-1.jpg

and to finish for this evening, the next picture shows the little "Dragon" that has made my PC its home...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

VALERIO.jpg

I wonder if he will grow wings!!!!!???:confused:

Gerar: In the picture under the instructions, what is the twin float aircraft
under the B-26 ? They are are very good looking.... I know it's a lot of work
to scratchbuild something. I scratch built a railraod trestle as a kid. Lots
of work....

Charles

Hi Gerar,
Welcome back.As I can see your collection becomes bigger and bigger.:D
Great one.!!!!!
Also the instruction is interesting.It can come in handy to all solid wood models makers.It looks really like the small bible!!! :thumbleft:

Gerar: In the picture under the instructions, what is the twin float aircraft
under the B-26 ? They are are very good looking.... I know it's a lot of work
to scratchbuild something. I scratch built a railraod trestle as a kid. Lots
of work....

Charles

Hi ccheese.....that´s a Liore 43, a 1939-40 French Naval observation, three place aircraft that did not live very long. Crazy looking no?...

finito-8-bonito.jpg

Hi Gerar,

Both models look great.:D The Hudson is really small comparing to your hand.:)
What is the SM-55X engine cowling made of?

Great!!! At a glance I've thought it was made of a thin sheet of brass.
:thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back