Scratchbuilt

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Guys.............Thanks for your nice words on the SM-71. A little plane
with much unknown history, but like it, there are many that their "Headlines" past away many years ago..................:)

HealzDevo.....I like the 1950-1960 experimental jets but don´t do them often since its really hard to get good plans. I made the "prittiest" and strange one...the B-51!!!!! love it.....I´ll take a pic and show it to you. Those beginnin "Jets" were a ball!!!! the pilots flying them were quite a group since most flew in a very new and strange invironment............

I should finish the B-18 "Bolo" also a forgotten bomber which had a long history in the USAAF and Navy...I am making this model after years looking for good plans. Finally last year I wrote the Washington Air and Space Museum and they said that "offhand" they could not find any plans in their respository..But that they would make a search on some of their offhand warehouses. About 2 months later I received a large envelope from them...Guess what?..they found the plans, and send them to me for free!!!!!..really a great bunch of guys therethat love aviation!!!!! I hope to visit my nephews in Maryland next year and take the model to those wonderful guys..:) ..
I should be placing pics late next week...and then on to a IMAM RO-1. This one won´t be a solid, since I want to do a complete cockpit and observer cabin., I have a friend in Italy that has furnished me beautiful pictures of this incredible bi-plane......The thing flew observation mission in the Ethiopian war of 1935 with Italy for tours of 7 to 8 hours at a time!!!!!!!!!!!
I beleive that in order to finish my models I have to really get into their history since it gives me a better "feeling" while making them. As I make the parts, stories about them go around my mind, making the whole work an adventure in time...........:shock: :shock: ...crazy no????\\:D/

All your models look great. Looking forward to seeing the B-51. That looks like an oversize Phantom Fighter that one in the picture I have seen. Not F-4 Phantom II but the original Phantom...

Gerard...sono impressionato dalla tua bravura.
Complimenti!
spero di emularti al più presto
Grazie delle foto che ci aiutano a capire il procedimento e ci invogliano a provare!!!
Ciao
Francesco

Gerard...sono impressionato dalla tua bravura.
Complimenti!
spero di emularti al più presto
Grazie delle foto che ci aiutano a capire il procedimento e ci invogliano a provare!!!
Ciao
Francesco

Hi Guys...............

Finished the B-18 "Bolo", one of the most forgotten bombers in the USAAF of the late 30´s and early 40´s....It was not a fine looking plane but it was the mainstay in the bomber command of the US until the start of WW2. Many were lost in Pearl Harbour and later went to the US Navy for submarine hunting of the American Coasts. As always it is solid wood, 1:72 scale, with pieces of paper, card, bamboo, wire, and plaster of Paris for engines and wheels..........

BOLO1.jpg

BOLO35.jpg

LANDINGGEAR1.jpg

FINITO8.jpg

FINITO1.jpg

FINITO7.jpg

FINITO2.jpg

FRAME.jpg

FINITO9.jpg

Hi Gerar,
An interesting model.Did you make the decals for it yourself?

They look very nice. :)
As I know there are offered by decal firms sheets of decals with transparent film only.They are realy good for printing your own decals.

Hi guys.......Thanks again for your nice words about my little models...
The Piaggio 32 was a test bed. With its front full of "teeth" it contributed in de development of the four engine Piaggio 108.....it only went on a mission to Malta during the war and later 16 of them were placed on reserve and used as transports....the last one was used fo target practise....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This one I could not get plans anywhere so like the SM-71 I drew them myself for a one shot deal!!!!...I should be finishung it this week. Here are some pics..

PiaggioP32_Ieste.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

passo4.jpg

passo7.jpg

Using the old "candle" technique, I made both glass cabins which should get their paper lining at the very end of the project.

passo8.jpg

passo9.jpg

passo12.jpg

passo13.jpg

So the glass you use is a sort of melted plastic or wax is it? I just noticed you holding something to the candle in one of the shots gerar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back