Sea changes in store for supermarkets?

Vassili Zaitzev

Master Sergeant
2,953
95
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Location
Connecticut, United States
Sea change in store for supermarkets?

Found this while looking at the link Maestro posted. Try not to get too political, but what do you guys think?
 
Here is my take on it. I love seafood, if it comes out of the water I will at least try it and probably enjoy it. I do however think that we need to try and conserve the fish that are over fished. There are certain fish out there that can not sustain their populations because of overfishing. We need to be a bit more conservative about what and how we fish.
 
Good point Adler. I love shrimp, but I don't want to see the shrimp population to die out. I believe that when catching lobsters and crab, if it's not over a certain weight, it's gets thrown back into the sea. At least here in America. What are the fishing laws in Germany Adler?
 
To be quite honest, I don't know too much about the laws in the States myself, besides the weight limit.
 
Seafood....GOOD! But I'm with Adler on this one. I like it, but not enough to gorge myself on it for immediate pleasure and lose out on ever having ____ (insert favorite seafood dish) again because it was farmed to extinction.
 
I'm all for sustainable fishing practices. If it raises prices a little, so what.
 
Where is the French Navy when you need it?

Hopefully, the French Naval Command will upgrade their targets from Rainbow Warrior to Sea Shepard.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back