Show us your library....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:lol:
I am waiting on the 'The Electric Way Across the Mountains' though...

Through the rugged Western mountains of Montana, Idaho and Washington, the Milwaukee Road electrification powered heavy-duty railroading in a challenging environment. Richard Steinheimer¹s classic interpretive photographs and stories have no peer as an account of what the men and machines of this operation were like. This famous book now is back in print in a second edition.

For nearly 60 years, the orange and black locomotives of the Milwaukee Road¹s western electrified lines wheeled tonnage freights and deluxe passenger trains up and over the tortuous grades of the Bitterroot and Cascade mountain ranges. From its inception, this pioneer mainline railroad electrification project proved to the world that heavy service utilization of long-distance electric railway technology was one possible vision of railroading¹s bright future.

Within the pages of this acclaimed volume, America¹s most celebrated railroad photographer, Richard Steinheimer, directed his talents to the immensely popular subject of the Milwaukee Road electrification. After years of preparation and visits to the region, Steinheimer provided the reader with a visual and written record of the the life and times of this venture in electric traction.

The result was an outstanding volume of railroad atmosphere and history, out of print within a few years of its 1980 publication. Now the book returns in a new edition, with 20 additional Steinheimer photographs, including 12 in color, along with other material to enrich this fine book.

This volume remains the richest account of the human side of the Milwaukee Road and its notable electrification. This book is a signal event for fans of the Milwaukee Road, of mainline electrification, and of the everyday life of railroaders. Often acclaimed as Steinheimer's masterpiece, it is a book that no railroad enthusiast should be without.

.....192 pages and 321 pics of Milwaukee Road electrification etc...

Mind you though, if I can find this one for a decent price...

12800b_zpsb9sxovdt.jpg

...she's mine! :lol:

.....548 pages and nearly 450 pics of Milwaukee Road stuff...yummy! :oops: :lol:

I love mountain railroading and in particular Milwaukee Road, but I don't mind GN, NP, SP and D&RGW either....:D

My alltime favourite Milwaukee Road book, close to 200 pages and nothing but big maps and colour pics, a must have if you like me, love the CMStP&P....

DSC_0787_zpszcfznd4j.jpg

......well, tried to sort some of books out in the wee bookshelf that I do have....

DSC_0788_zpsgqpgsjjd.jpg

Now, what to do with the rest....eeerrrmmmm....riiiiight....bugger! :confused:

DSC_0789_zpssoh3ab5b.jpg

Anyhoo, after all this hard grafting, this early on a Sunday, I bl**dy deserve a stiff snifter! :lol:

Is funny how 'I'm just gonna get these few 'at War' books for the Lancaster' blew up in my face! :lol:

My alltime favourite Milwaukee Road book, close to 200 pages and nothing but big maps and colour pics, a must have if you like me, love the CMStP&P....

DSC_0787_zpszcfznd4j.jpg

......well, tried to sort some of books out in the wee bookshelf that I do have....

DSC_0788_zpsgqpgsjjd.jpg

Now, what to do with the rest....eeerrrmmmm....riiiiight....bugger! :confused:

DSC_0789_zpssoh3ab5b.jpg

Anyhoo, after all this hard grafting, this early on a Sunday, I bl**dy deserve a stiff snifter! :lol:

Is funny how 'I'm just gonna get these few 'at War' books for the Lancaster' blew up in my face! :lol:

Ah! That's where the 74 Squadron book went to!

Good collections chaps and, like most, I definitely need another book case - and a bigger room to put it in!

It sure did old boy, just need to finish it and send it back you Sire....
It's funny (or maybe not), already having 23 'at War' books, I still don't have the P-38, P-47, a couple of Lancaster, the Wellington, the Spitfire or the Hurricane, the 109, the Swordfish.... :lol:

No problem old chap. I knew I had it, but couldn't remember where it went to - same with another book, title of which escapes me, which describes the events inside that castle, organised by the Senior British Officer (who's story the book is about), where the Germans and Americans fought together. No mention of that in the account posted elsewhere on the forum. I thought I had it here at home, but b*gg*red if I can find it. Great book, and describes a lot about PoWs and the 'long march' etc.
As for the 'At War' books, I have some of those you're missing, but I don't have as many as you do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back