Signed up yesterday, gone today

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not defending the French Govt by any means. But one the French people still continued to fight even though their leaders gave up Yak seemingly you take no notice of the fight the French People did inside France and the assistance they gave to Allied Servicemen and Women. France did not surrender during WW1 to the best of my knowledge. French Troops had worse leaders then the British did during same war and yes the French did refuse to fight under circumstance due to high casuality rates on the Western Front during WW1 but again this was down to bad leadership not up to indidvidual units of the French Army. But even the British Army had mutinies in WW1 and it was the best kept secret of the war. And British desertion rates were extremely high during the first battle of the Somme another secret kept. So think again Yak

And as for the Atlantic Wall in Normandy. It wasn't as easy to breach that wall as you are referring to. Well seemingly to the troops it wasn't. Now ask yourself this question. Were the Germans Silly enough to attack the Maginot Line head on? Knowing full well it would have cut them to pieces. And the Germans didn't know precisely where the Allies were going to attack either Yak. Whether it be at Normandy or Pas De Calais or even in Norway let alone France. Ask yourself another question. Why didn't Hitler attack Switzerland? And no it wasn't because of the financial system of banks. It was because the Swiss not only had terrain in their favour but had strong fortifications in place through the Alpine Region. And for another reason Yak. If it wasn't for the geographic reasons that saved England from invasion plus the RAF Fighter Command. England would surely have been over run like France Greece Belguim Holland Norway Denmark Poland and nearly Western Russia . With the exception of Russia and England. Those other countries were over run. Some had standing armies so to speak of, others didn't. Or are they just as gutless as you are referring to france as Yak?

And Yak do you expect me to believe that when the USA fought in Vietnam and Korea that the ideals of victory in both those wars was seen through. Not just on the Battlefields but politically as well. The US led Allies won every battle in Vietnam but were unsuccessful in winning the war. And Korea was a stalemate which we still have today. Mistakes were made in Somalia by US Forces underestimating the Somalia Militia Men and gunmen of Warlords in that country. And now we have the War in Iraq with bumbling politicans on both sides of US Govt and other Allied Govts including my own making mistakes but not only in Iraq but also Afghanistan. Thank god for the Troops who mostly know whats going on. And all this is stark reality to Yak. I wonder how a Frenchman reading your comments would feel and updating some stark realities of his own towards you.

Patton was the last one to talk Yak. He got killed in an every day car accident. So claiming what he said in retrospect is pointless about dying on a battlefield etc

If you are to cast stones like you are doing Yak at france in the last war. Some one is going to point out some of your own country's shortcomings. better to come from an Ally then an enemy Yak. And I am not trying to offend any one from the US. But your own country does have some shortcomings of its own, as all countries do Yak

First off let's start with you quoting Patton first…. with this brainless banter you are spewing here.

"Patton himself virtually said that any man made obstruction made by man was never built not to withstand sustained attack etc and an army could defeat such fortifications etc."

Now you are trying to discount him with saying:

"Patton was the last one to talk Yak. He got killed in an every day car accident. So claiming what he said in retrospect is pointless about dying on a battlefield etc"

Like he could stop fate!

You are all over the place…. bringing up pointless arguments!
Napoleon to Korea then to Vietnam. This is WW 2 forum and the subject matter is WW2.

I think it was the French that started the war in Vietnam and then bailed!

Also…. I call you to task to point out where…. I indicated that the wall in Europe was easy to get through! It was not!

Let me ask you this…. was it dead Aussie bodies littering the beaches at Normandy????

No it was not! It was mostly Americans.

Since your such a fan of the US. Recently your illustrious leader made the comment that the US needs to commit more troops to the war in Iraq!

Your leader needs to send some more than the 2,000 troops he has now.
Or the next option …… Shut his cake trap!
By the way isn't that a Union Jack on your flag?

The bottom line is you are trying to dilute the facts with BS.

Hitler killed 6 million Jews, France surrendered and the allies won the war.

We would have won the war without the few French that actually had a spine or not.

I defiantly would not want "you" covering my six. Your to inconsistent!

BTW: I loved my trip to S Perth. Met some really nice people too.

I guess they all can't be that way!

I am not defending the French Govt by any means. But one the French people still continued to fight even though their leaders gave up Yak seemingly you take no notice of the fight the French People did inside France and the assistance they gave to Allied Servicemen and Women. France did not surrender during WW1 to the best of my knowledge. French Troops had worse leaders then the British did during same war and yes the French did refuse to fight under circumstance due to high casuality rates on the Western Front during WW1 but again this was down to bad leadership not up to indidvidual units of the French Army. But even the British Army had mutinies in WW1 and it was the best kept secret of the war. And British desertion rates were extremely high during the first battle of the Somme another secret kept. So think again Yak

And as for the Atlantic Wall in Normandy. It wasn't as easy to breach that wall as you are referring to. Well seemingly to the troops it wasn't. Now ask yourself this question. Were the Germans Silly enough to attack the Maginot Line head on? Knowing full well it would have cut them to pieces. And the Germans didn't know precisely where the Allies were going to attack either Yak. Whether it be at Normandy or Pas De Calais or even in Norway let alone France. Ask yourself another question. Why didn't Hitler attack Switzerland? And no it wasn't because of the financial system of banks. It was because the Swiss not only had terrain in their favour but had strong fortifications in place through the Alpine Region. And for another reason Yak. If it wasn't for the geographic reasons that saved England from invasion plus the RAF Fighter Command. England would surely have been over run like France Greece Belguim Holland Norway Denmark Poland and nearly Western Russia . With the exception of Russia and England. Those other countries were over run. Some had standing armies so to speak of, others didn't. Or are they just as gutless as you are referring to france as Yak?

And Yak do you expect me to believe that when the USA fought in Vietnam and Korea that the ideals of victory in both those wars was seen through. Not just on the Battlefields but politically as well. The US led Allies won every battle in Vietnam but were unsuccessful in winning the war. And Korea was a stalemate which we still have today. Mistakes were made in Somalia by US Forces underestimating the Somalia Militia Men and gunmen of Warlords in that country. And now we have the War in Iraq with bumbling politicans on both sides of US Govt and other Allied Govts including my own making mistakes but not only in Iraq but also Afghanistan. Thank god for the Troops who mostly know whats going on. And all this is stark reality to Yak. I wonder how a Frenchman reading your comments would feel and updating some stark realities of his own towards you.

Patton was the last one to talk Yak. He got killed in an every day car accident. So claiming what he said in retrospect is pointless about dying on a battlefield etc

If you are to cast stones like you are doing Yak at france in the last war. Some one is going to point out some of your own country's shortcomings. better to come from an Ally then an enemy Yak. And I am not trying to offend any one from the US. But your own country does have some shortcomings of its own, as all countries do Yak

For your reading pleasure:

Text / The Complete Military History of France

First every one calm down. Discuss this like adults.

Ahhhhh this is a charged subject ya....

I was going to ask if you have sat in a Me 109?

I have some pics and intersting stories. We have a real one here... and it flies too!

What a nice bird! Also we have a pilot Named Carl Piuett (spelling) he was in at the end of the war. Great stories to share.

Are you interested in seeing the pics?

Actually it started with the Japanese and when they left the French picked u where they left off.

Yakpilot said:
Let me ask you this…. was it dead Aussie bodies littering the beaches at Normandy????

That is a pretty ignorant statement too. The US was not the only nation that landed on the beaches of Normandy. By 19 June the US forces had put 314,504 men, 41,000 vehicles, and 116,000 tons of supplies. The British (which includes Canada and Australia) put 314,547 men, 54,000 vehicles, and 102,000 tons of supplies.

Total US casualites for June 6, 1944 (to include KIA, MIA and WIA) were 4696. UK Casualties (includes Canada and Australia) (includes KIA, MIA, and WIA) were 3747. These are all just estimates as well.

So as you can see it was a unified effort by the Allies on D-Day. So dont give the **** that the US was the only reason the allies were successful on D-Day.

Do not dare insult and bring shame to the fallen members of the fellow allies or to your own country by defaming fallen allied soldiers! As I veteran I take offense to anyone who does that!

Yakpilot said:

I would have no problem with him covering mine. He actually served as well.

Ahhhhh this is a charged subject ya....

I was going to ask if you have sat in a Me 109?

I have some pics and intersting stories. We have a real one here... and it flies too!

What a nice bird! Also we have a pilot Named Carl Piuett (spelling) he was in at the end of the war. Great stories to share.

Are you interested in seeing the pics?

Yes I have sat in a Bf-109. We have several real ones here in Germany and a flying one as well now.

But yes I would love to see the pics.

And some more numbers just for the hell of it. If you really want to know how many troops were landed on D-Day.

UK Forces

Gold 24,970
Juno 21,400
Sword 28,845
Total 75,214

American Forces

Utah 23,250
Omaha 34,250
Total 57,500

Another stay out of Perth. Bad enough with pollution off the Western Australian Coast without you swimming in it.
32161.gif

Unlike your own Flag the best you could come up with was a number of ****ing stars and strips.
Hey now, that flag has meaning, as does the stars and the stripes... Say what u want to about Yak, but lay off the America bashing... It makes u look bad in our eyes.... Please defend ur country, as I would expect u to do, but do it in such a way as to not offend all the other Americans here...

Heres some info on our flag.. The current form of the American flag, with its thirteen red and white stripes, blue field, and fifty white stars, has an evolutionary history. On 14 June 1777, the CONTINENTAL CONGRESS passed the first Flag Act, which reads, "Resolved, That the flag of the United States be made of thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, one star for each state, representing a new Constellation." The basic design of the flag—one canton, or area similar to but smaller than a quadrant, and an open field—may be said to originate with the "red ensign," a British flag from the reign of Queen Elizabeth I... The 13 stripes represent the original Thirteen Colonies that rebelled against the British Crown and became the first states in the Union...

My flag means more to me than the blood that runs through my veins... Dont insult my flag... I've bled for it, almost died defending it... We dont Australia bash here, dont America bash... Make fun of his dog or his sisters vaginal warts or something...

And as for dead Aussie during WW2 and WW1 there are thousands of them lying in graves where your ****ing country never even set foot in During WW1 and WW2.
And dont think for a minute that any well-informed American doesnt know the sacrifices that Australia has made in any War... I have worked with Aussies before, and showed what gratitude I could...

Is the pot stirred yet? LOL

So let's break it down.

Someone mentioned that UK troops consisted of Canadian, British and Aussie.
Maybe some others too.

That number was Total 75,214.

Now the Americans were 57,500.

This points out that the US provided more troops on a ratio then others did.

That was my point we hit one of the bloodiest beaches there. Not saying that to detract from other countries efforts and losses.

It was an allied effort...

Choose your words more wisely next time.

Yakpilot said:
Now to point out….. My grandfather was one of the men killed in action on Omaha beach.
I visited his grave this summer when doing a family tree study in France.

I had a Grandfather who landed on Omaha too. And a Grandfather who was a Major in the German Wehrmacht on the Eastern Front. Fought in Stalingrad.

Yakpilot said:
I never got to know this man because he fought in the last noble cause.

I am sorry for your loss.

Yakpilot said:
Last note …. We have something in common…. I was an AH 47 crew chief …. DS vet…

I was a Blackhawk Crewchief. Over 1500 flight hours and 650 combat flight hours.

Are you sure you dont mean CH-47. Only 4 AH-47s were made and they were discontinued from service in Aug. 1967. And only SN 64-13149 survived the war.

First off let's start with you quoting Patton first…. with this brainless banter you are spewing here.

"Patton himself virtually said that any man made obstruction made by man was never built not to withstand sustained attack etc and an army could defeat such fortifications etc."

Now you are trying to discount him with saying:

"Patton was the last one to talk Yak. He got killed in an every day car accident. So claiming what he said in retrospect is pointless about dying on a battlefield etc"

Like he could stop fate!

You are all over the place…. bringing up pointless arguments!
Napoleon to Korea then to Vietnam. This is WW 2 forum and the subject matter is WW2.

Also…. I call you to task to point out where…. I indicated that the wall in Europe was easy to get through! It was not!

Since your such a fan of the US. Recently your illustrious leader made the comment that the US needs to commit more troops to the war in Iraq!

Your leader needs to send some more than the 2,000 troops he has now.
Or the next option …… Shut his cake trap!
By the way isn't that a Union Jack on your flag?

The bottom line is you are trying to dilute the facts with BS.

Hitler killed 6 million Jews, France surrendered and the allies won the war.

We would have won the war without the few French that actually had a spine or not.

BTW: I loved my trip to S Perth. Met some really nice people too.

I guess they all can't be that way!

Well stay out of Australia if you can't get on with some one that disagrees with you. And another about my National Flag I fancy you wouldn't be so ****ing willing to open your fat ****ing mouth about my Country's National Flag after I put my ****ing knuckles in that ****ing Yank gob of yours. As for my country men and women serving overseas. during WW1 and WW2 they were serving before your country even decided to get into both conflicts. And there are scores and literally thousands of DEAD AUSTRALIANS in areas of this world that your country servicemen and women never saw action or combat in. And as for WW2 what happened to your grand scheme of defending the Philippines. Got ****** up didn't it Got chased out by Japs for **** sake and another of your prima donna generals like that murdering butcher Patton had to come and hide his arse in my country. And it was Australians who defeated the ****ing Japanese on Land PNG Campaign go and look it up if you want but some Americans are so self absorbed like you of course you wouldn't know of the Kokoda Campaign. As for this forum being sorely devoted to WW2 and aeroplanes have another ****ing look as there are posts dealing with all types of forums and posting.

As for your comments about looking after your 6. After what i read and about comments about not only My Prime Minister and My Nations Flag. You would be lucking if I didn't kick you fair up your ****ing 6 and real give you an arse kicking .

And as for My Prime Minister giving the ****wit Bama a lashing. You saying that Prime MInister Howard was incorrect and Bama the ****ing fruit loop wants to withdraw troops next year. ****ing idiot Bama guarantteed to give victory to the enemy. As for my Prime Minister he has already increased Troops Levels to Iraq and Afghanistan you dozey fool and did so in last 48 hours more so then some idiotic presidential dim wit canidate who swings his nuts on popular voting. And as for freedom of speach go **** yourself I will say what i ****ing what whenever i want

I am well aware that 6 million Jews died in WW2 so did 30 million Russians and your point is. And you still haven't given me any reason why other countries like France which were over run capitulated as well. And do you condemn them as well. Obviously not

I would say most Americans are fine and charming but it appears you are the exception to the rule. By the way the Perth International Airport only made one mistake they let you in. With good fortune and management that will not occur again

Well, Yak is actually the one in the wrong for insulting Australia's contribution to the War effort...

Yak, we dont run around here insulting a Nations contribution to the War, well, except the French maybe, but.... All joking aside, please show some respect for the other members here... Their national pride is the same as urs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back