Small parts (of models)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WHAT are you on about lad? Here's the evidence again... You can clearly see how surprised he looks finding Karl snapping a pic when he turns around, just finishing a roll of film with closeup detail shots for his next 1/32 build.
You can also hear the wheels turning in his head, trying to come up with a workable excuse, one that hasn't been used before and sound likey and not too far fedged.

"I say old boy, what were you doing crawling around the Wildcat like that?"
"B*ll*cks! The damndest thing just happened old chap! Was just about to bend down to tie my shoelace, when all my small change fell out of my pocket don't you know.... Blasted thing what! Wearing my best go to Sunday meeting trousers as well!"
"Quite"
"Now old chap....be a good boy and tell me where's those other birds that you mentioned are....that's a good lad!"

Attachments

• Terry and Wildcat.jpg
    Terry and Wildcat.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 65
Call me crazy, but most of the time I simply use my fingers to hold even some of the smallest parts. I've got 3 different tweezers, hemostat-type clips, and a special tool I bought from micromark especially designed for holding small parts and still I'd mostly rather use my fingers. Haven't felt much of a need for magnification either. I would like to try another tool I saw that has a tiny vacum suction cup on the end of it. Haven't gotten around to buying it and don't feel particularly justified in doing so with my track record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back